Home Buying in Boca Raton>Question Details

Terry Parsons, Home Buyer in Coconut Creek, FL

Relocating to Boca w/kids. Need community w/ NO expensive HOA/ Equity fees and homes up to $400K range. What communities would you recommend?

Asked by Terry Parsons, Coconut Creek, FL Mon May 21, 2012

Moving by 8/1. Kids in elementary and high school. Need at LEAST 4 BR 2500 sf prefer pool. Will consider nearby cities with easy commute to Boca for work and good school districts.

Dear Terry,

You will find three of the best schools districts in Palm Beach County to be located in Boca Raton, Wellington and Jupiter. In Boca you will certainly have more hustle and bustle, in Wellington you will get much more home for your money and in Jupiter you will get an amazing seaside location and a very high quality of life. So much truly depends on your particular needs and if your job is located in Boca then that is your best bet but more work needs to be done to research the proper schools for your children. If the public school system is important and you want an amazing quality of life I highly recommend you check out Jupiter if you have not yet finalized your employment situation and invite you to read a brief article I wrote a while back;

The best site I can point you to for school information is http://www.greatschools.org where there is a wealth of information available. At GreatSchools 10 is there highest rating and the numbers go down from there. If you want to further discuss your budget, what type of home your money will purchase and the particular schools associated with any development please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

The very best of luck to you and I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 26, 2012
Marc Jablon, Agent, Boca Raton, FL

Ask your Boca Raton realtor to tell you about Boca Raton homes in the Palm Beach Farms and Boca Raton Square areas in East Boca Raton. These Boca homes are in well kept neighborhoods that do not require any HOA dues at all.

You will only find equity fees when you want to purchase a home in a Boca Raton country club community.

To find available homes in Boca Raton in these communities, please see my website at:

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions

Buying a home can be a daunting task and involves many intricate details which involve the entire family in order to adequately meet everyone's needs. It sounds like you have a mixture of middle and high school age children and I am sure there are many activities they would like to be involved with in school and around the community for service hours which are important to graduating from high school in Florida.

With these perspectives in mind, it would be best to sit down with someone to discuss exactly what's in the melting pot so that the brew, so to speak, meets with everyone's approval. Every County offers a variety of interests for adults and children which we may want to tailor to their educational and social needs. Palm Beach County offers excellent public schools involved in the arts such at Bak Middle and Dreyfoos High and there are also excellent religious and non-religious private schools to choose from. Broward County too offers these interests as well as others it all depends on your specific metrix for your family.

Hope this helps.

Sunita Charlotin
Century 21 Tenace Realty
1835 N University Drive
Coral Springs, FL
Boca Raton Square, Boca Landings, Boca Madera, Silver Woods,Timber Creek (not gated), Island Lakes (gated, fees under $200/mo), etc. depending on what you need from the community, or if you need any amenities at all. You may also find great gated communities in Parkland with moderate HOA fees. Why don't you pick a realtor to work with, buyer's agent is not cost you anything, so why not having someone working for you?
Hello Terry and thank you for your inquire. Being a resident of Boca Raton and having kids in middle and high school I can tell you that the benefits are oustanding. Given that you live nearby Im sure you are somewhat familiar with the area. There are a number of options, if school is at the top of your priorities I can tell you that there are three main section all in three different schools that we can search for. Being with the #1company in the area has allowed me to have faster access to more properties then most of the competition out there. Since we are the largest listing company in Boca we are notified instantly or sometimes even before a new listing is posted, thus giving an extra edge to our clints. We have seen a solid increase in home searches in Boca lately and in order to rip the benefits and find the disired home, my advise would be to start the search as soon as possible.
As a professional in my industry, I would love to have the opportunity to offer you my services and hopefully have the pleasure to be hired by you.

Im looking forward to help you and your family enjoy many wonderful years in beautiful Boca Raton

Thanks again

Paulo Schneider
Lang Realty
Boca Raton has many great communities that meet your needs. Do you have a preference for any particular school in Boca Raton? Will the children be in public schools of private? Is your commute easier through I-95 or the Turnpike? From East to West, there are many options we can look at.
There are also some cities further north that have some options as well.
I chose to live in Boca Raton over 20 years ago for all the wonderful things the city has to offer. I would love to share my experience with you.
Feel free to contact me at 561-809-8328 and or go to my website at http://www.SoldBuyAlicia.com find out more about me and what I can do for you.
My best wishes to you and your family!

Alicia Lammersdorf
Illustrated Properties
There are 3 homes available today that fit your criteria - $349,900 to $385,000, 4 bedrooms, 2500+ living sq ft in Boca Raton. Communities include Boca Landings, Villa Portofino, and Island Lakes. Slightly changing some criteria could result in more homes. Nothing is available with your criteria in the communities mentioned below.

If you want the MLS listings and info on these communities, contact me. If you have pets, let me know their weights as some have pet restrictions. All have pools.

Boca is a wonderful place to bring up your children and for you to enjoy as well. To get you moved in by 8/1, we should start NOW.

Marilyn Jacobs
Jeffrey Ray & Associates
There are several communities that would suit your needs. I have high school kids and live in Boca so I think I have an idea of what you are looking for. However, you do not need to stay here. Often the homes are a little higher priced then if you were to try other communities. Please call or email me to discuss and I have some great ideas for you
Marni Zuckerman
Signature International Real Estate
I will be happy to assist you. There are several nice communities in Boca. If you wish, I can set up a search for you directly from our MLS system so that you can receive regular updates when new properties become available. My email address is Maria.ferreira@imls.com or ferrborg@gmail.com
or call me on my cell 561 287 1550.
Thank you.
Boca has changed over the years...

The newer construction; is typically farther out west... There are great schools and active communities. Downside is the distance to the beach...

There are several communities that are mid-way to the beach - St Andrews area, towncenter mall-
These are very nice "country club" style homes... Great schools and neighborhood... Then you can come East... Here gets a little more difficult to achieve your goals - Again depending on the style and neighborhood where YOU are comfortable.

I am a 20+ year local resident -

Gary (561) 306-7653
I would highly recommend the following communities in your price range;
Camino Gardens
Camino Lakes
Palm Beach Farms
Carriage Hill

These communities don't require equity memberships, which are very common in Boca. You get the great Boca schools, without the membership requirements.

Please contact me for further information - 954-471-9102.

Michelle Farber Ross
there are many different communities in and around Boca Raton that can be good for you

please call me to set up an appointment for me to help you

thank you

Bob Wayne
Realty Associates Fl Properies

Hi Terry,

There are lots of communities within 20 minutes to Boca. Besides some very nice neighborhoods in Boca I would also consider Parkland and Coral springs to the south since you have school age kids. Parkland was rated #1 in the US by Forbes magazine for schools in your price range. We feel our boys got a private school education for a public school price in Parkland. You can read this article on my website and search the MLS for free as well.
Hi Terry,

There are several great neighborhoods in Boca zoned for good schools with low HOA fees, Timbercreek and Millpond are two examples. Feel free to call, text (561) 866-6325 or email me at ks1818@att.net and I will forward you active listings to review.

I look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your home search.

Very truly yours,
Karen Sussman
Lang Realty
Cell 561-866-6325
Email ks1818@att.net
I have the perfect home for you, in fact it is the same neighborhood I have been living in for 20 years, no HOA, 4 bed with pool and extra side lot for the kids to have a play area. Send me your direct email and I will send the pics. My email is remaxcin@msn.com.

Cindy Galiardo
Remax Services

I would consider The Shores, Boca Woods, Boca Isles and Loggers Run to name a few. Here is a link where you can find listings in several Boca communities. http://www.voginteam.com/Boca_Raton_Homes_for_Sale/page_2511…

Please feel free to call me at 727-244-3664 or email to howard@voginteam.com for more info

Howard Vogin