Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

Latrice, Other/Just Looking in Elk Grove, CA

Relocating to Atlanta

Asked by Latrice, Elk Grove, CA Wed May 8, 2013

Family relocating to Atlanta. The areas I was looking at was college park, cascades and Decatur. I hear good things about Decatur but hear negative things about college park but they have nice homes.
We are relocating early next year we want to buy if we can. Any advice

Answers

3
Greetings Latrice!

I would first like to say welcome to Atlanta!

In the first step of the home purchasing process it is important to speak with a lender to see where you are financially in purchasing a home. It will determine how much home you can afford. This will lead to the decision of where to purchase, based on taxes, down payment assistance available, etc.

Also, different lenders offer different programs that can be beneficial to your pockets. You want to speak to a few lenders to see who has the right loan for you and what incentives do they offer to help increase your purchasing power.

Next, is selecting a REALTOR that is knowledgable about the market and has negotiating power to get you the perfect home at the best price possible. You want an agent that communicates with the client that is best and most convenient for the client. Also, an agent who can offer resources to help ease the stresses of purchasing a home like moving resources, etc.

I would love to speak with you this week regarding the details of your families move and how I can service you and your family for a seamless home purchase and move. I have a resource of lenders for you to speak with and relocation resource vendors that will make your move enjoyable. Contact me at your earliest convenience to start the process.

"Bringing Buyers and Sellers Together"

T. Nicole Eaton, ABR, SFR

Associate Broker/REALTOR
Keller Williams Realty-Peachtree Road
#1 Real Estate Company in Atlanta!
678.948.7020 Direct
866.833.3203 e-Fax
Specializing in Luxury Real Estate Sales
Certified Short Sale & Foreclosure Specialist
Licensed in Georgia & Michigan
"I love referrals...and I'm never too busy to service your friends and family"
Each area has better neighborhoods than others. Agents are limited in the kinds of advice they can provide. Using Google is a good guide. The Georgia Department of Education provides school reports, that have test scores, classroom sizes, demographics. An elementary schools have perhaps 1200 students so you are looking at an area as small as 1000-1500 homes perhaps a 2 -3 mile radius surrounding the school.

There are a number of crime statistic sites you will be able to locate on line. For most buyers proximity to work, qualify of schools, then best home value for the price are the typical criteria buyers apply.

Send me an email and I can send you some additional info.

Bruce Ailion,
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
An Atlanta Real Estate Expert Serving Clients Since 1979
CRS, CRB, ABR, MSRE, CDPE, CIAS, e-PRO, ESQ
Certified Residential Specialist
Certified Real Estate Broker
Accredited Buyers Agent
MS Real Estate and Urban Affairs
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Certified Investment Agent Specialist
203K Certified Specialist
Attorney
2050 Roswell Road
Marietta GA 30062
404-978-2281 Direct
404-386-3682 Assistant Robin
678-760-6266 Buyer’s Agent Adam
770-973-9700 Office
bruce@locationlocationlocation.com
http://www.LocationLocationLocation.com
The Linked In REALTOR
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceailion
Hi Latrice,

The best thing for you to do would be to take in consideration a couple of important things. Are schools, proximity to highways and work from your home, shopping, dining and etc important to you? Make a list of the most important things you want in a neighborhood. Then I would speak with a REALTOR about the areas. Another important thing to do before you begin searching would be to get pre-qualified as well. That way you can better narrow down the location that fits best with your budget.

Any questions feel free to contact me anytime.

Tyler Willis, REALTOR®
Keller Williams Realty Intown Atlanta
621 North Ave NE, Suite C-50
Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404)541-3500
Direct: (678)656-5524
tylerwillisintown.kwrealty.com