Megan Mckenz…, Home Buyer in 83815

Relocating/retiring...looking for small home with fenced yard and lots of charm in safe and beautiful location.

Asked by Megan Mckenzie, 83815 Fri May 7, 2010

I want to relocate to Coeur d'Alene or Spokane. I own a home in Calif. and need cash from it to buy there. Should I sell here first and then chancefinding something there? Or, buy one there and then sell this house?

Answers

6
Megan....

Definately good advice to get your house under contract prior to looking for another house.

Fortunately for you, it's still a Buyer's Market here in beautiful North Idaho!

We have approximately 4,000 homes on the market, and only selling about 175 per month, so, get your house listed, if not already, and WELCOME to North Idaho!

If you need a referral of a good listing agent in your area, please let me know....

Being licensed in CA, MT, WA & Idaho, I can help you with either Spokane or Coeur d Alene, so feel free to search the entire MLS on my website, or let me know if I can help with any questions you may have about either area!

Good Luck to YOU Megan!!
Definitly get your home in California under contract before attempting to purchase your new home. But in the meantime, do your homework on the internet regarding the differences in Spokane and Coeur d'Alene. You can do alot of footwork on home prices, inventory, communities and recreation from the comfort of your home! Once you identify which state you will be relocatiing to, find a realtor that can help you find the right neighborhood and home for your family situation. Good luck, and let me know if I can be of help!
We do have good inventory to choose from and I don't think you would have trouble finding the right place and you will be in a stronger negotiation possition with your house under contract. I suggest establishing a relationship with a local realtor and with their help you can identifiy the area that works best for your lifestyle and the homes that best meet your needs. Select a few homes that you feel you would like to live in and keep updated on any activity on those homes or others as they come on the market. You will feel less anxious about your transition and you will have a good start on finding the right home.

We are seeing increase sales in California and that is good for our area.

Randy

208-660-0518
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 8, 2010
Megan
You don't mention where your property is in California.

In most areas of California there is a lack of inventory. That means that you should not have a problem selling your home. However, the PRICE at which your home will sell will be important because you state that you plan to use the proceeds from the sale to purchase your next home.

I would recommend talking with three REaltors in California and have them evaluate your property and provide you with proposals. Compare the proposals, then figure out your anticipated net proceeds.

Talk with your Realtor in Coeur d'Alene and ask them if they believe an offer with a sell contingency will be accepted. You might need to sell first. I agree with Don Tepper most of the time, and you should know that the strongest bargaining position will be when you have no sell contingency.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 8, 2010
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
I relocated to N Idaho, from sunny calif in 2004. You will love it here. We have a pretty good inventory, im sure you will find something. You should try and get your home under contract, then come for a look.

LMK if I can answer any relocation questions for you.

Kaye Mounsey
Assoc. Broker
208/661-9445
Sell first. Then buy. In today's market, don't buy and then attempt to sell.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA