Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

aysedevrim, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

Relocating in Houston - please help?

Asked by aysedevrim, Houston, TX Mon Mar 4, 2013

We lived in Jersey Village, Houston for about a year, when our children were very young. Then moved to England. I do not know Houston well, and was very limited to my neighborhood and NW Houston when I was there. Now we will move back to Houston, and I need advice in choosing a neighborhood. Good public schools, and a neighborhood with other young families would be my priority. I would very much like a multi-cultural, multi-national neighborhood. Anyone with any ideas?

Answers

22
My office is close to Cypress and the schools out there are higher rated Cy-fair schools.
Katy ISD and Spring Branch ISD are also great options.

I have Sold, Bought, and Leased in all of those school districts.

Depending on where you will be working, Klein/Spring/The Woodlands are also great options.

Check out out websites on this forum and find the agent you will feel most comfortable with.
Send me an e-mail if you would like me to send you some personalized searches.

We are all experianced with relocation and can help you find the best place to Buy or Lease for your family.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013

You have received quite a bit of feedback already. I wanted to let you know that I am available to assist you if you have any particular questions about certain areas. Having worked with folks coming in from England and also from different states within US, I understand how overwhelming it can get when you are not sure of any surroundings. You are doing a good job researching ahead of time and I understand you need to find out more information.

You can reach me either by email or phone. I will be happy to guide you to help you make informed decisions.

Persis
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/persis
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
Hi there!

My partner, Randall Martin, and I specialize in relocation. We have relocated clients from overseas and all over the country. Katy ISD is well known on the Westside for great schools, but it just depends on where you are looking to stay, and what price range you are looking to stay within. If you'd like to move closer into town, I would also suggest the Spring Branch or Memorial areas on the Westside. My partner knows the South & Southeast sides of town very well, and our office is located in the heart of Houston--so whatever you're needs are we would love the opportunity to help! Talk to you soon...V
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
There's no problem finding an area which meets your criteria ... but I'd need a bit more information to pinpoint it.

Will you need to sell the home you currently own in order to move forward?
Are you looking to purchase or lease? What is your budget in either situation?
In the case of a lease, are there any pets ... does anyone smoke?
As concerns a purchase, how much of a down payment will you have?
How many bedrooms/bathrooms does your family require? Square footage?
Are there other specific needs (pool, large yard, fireplace, etc.)?

My wife/working partner and I have welcomed many new and returning Houstonians to this fair city. We'd love the opportunity to work with you. Please get in touch and provide as much information as possible, so that we may begin the search. FYI, the market here is very active, both in terms of lease and purchase. We'd also like to take a look at the home in Jersey Village, so that we may accurately assess its current value.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
I would be happy to assist you. I can show you several areas to choose from with good school districts. Please send me your email address and I can put together a package of different homes in different areas. I will need a little more information from you. Please give me a call at 281-451-2437. Thanks.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
I can definately help you out on this one. I know exactly what you are looking for and where it is. How about a nice area with hundreds of families from all parts of the world in a great school district? Give me a call 713-459-9446 or email me rodney.eiland@garygreene.com.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
Cypress-Fairbanks ISD is one of the most highly-rated school districts, as well as the Katy ISD.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013

If you are looking for good schools, then I'm not sure Jersey Village is the best place to be. The Energy Corridor, which have great schools, and rentals and "for sales" in multiple price points.

Please feel free to give me a call or send me an email if you have further questions.

Nadeem
281-795-0715

nadeem@qrealty.biz
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
I live in Jersey Village and am very familiar with this area. I would be happy to assist you. Please feel free to contact me at 713-530-4098.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
I can certainly help you out with this. Please give me a call or email me anytime!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
WE have all of that in my area. The Klien school district is one of the TOP in texas. I am putting my house up for sale May 1st. Let me know if you want details. You would love the area.

drake6398@gmail.com
This is a forum for Realtors and consumers, not a source of free advertising for FSBO homes. Incidentally, the Klein ISD middle and high schools are rated Academically Acceptable (the lowest standard of accountability), as are all but a few elementary schools ... hardly "one of the TOP is Texas." Please remove this post.
Flag Fri Apr 19, 2013
Depends on where you need to commute to. In the city, the best places for what you need are West U and River Oaks.
CyFair ISD is still a good school district. Would you like to be close to an area with shopping centers? How many bedrooms will you need? How many baths? Are you looking for a home with formals or only a formal dining area? Will you need a gameroom? Media room? What are the ages of your children? Where will you be working? What is your desired price range? What are your and your family members' interests? With the answers to these questions, I am quite certain I can find the ideal community for you!

I have been a Realtor in the Houston area for over 20 years, having started in the Northwest area and initially lived in the Jersey Village are beginning in 1986. The Cypress area has grown tremendously and has a lot to offer. It is now possible to live in the area and never have to leave for shopping, eating, or entertainment! Of course, there are other areas that offer similar amenities. Having listed and sold in all areas of Houston, I am sure I can help you.

By the way, welcome back to Houston!

Maria Willmore
Sudhoff Properties of Houston LLC
maria.willmore@sudhoffproperties.com and maria.willmore@gmail.com
Cinco Ranch & Seven Lakes high schools are in the top 500 in the nation. Contact me and we can get you a pre approval over the phone.
below is a list of Real Estate agents in Houston .You will also find homes for sale and Rentals in Houston with up to date information of the Texas area.

All the best.
I note that you really did not like Jersey Village for various reasons. There are so many great diverse neighborhoods in the Houston area. If you would like to stay in the NW area, a couple of new subdivisions are available on Eldridge between 290 and Grant. We live in Lakewood Forest which is a wonderful subdivision off Grant between Jones and Eldridge. Bargain prices!

Rapidly growing areas include the 249 (Tomball PKWY) corridor and of course, Katy which boasts some of the best schools. Closer in you will find either some older homes or new ones that are fairly large (and a little pricier).

Going north, the Woodlands and surrounding areas are great as well.

Any of us would love to work with you. I am a native Houstonian and have been in the business for over 30 years. If I can help:

Arnold Richie, Realtor®
Terry Burnaman Realtors
http://www.yournewhomehouston.com
arnold@yournewhomehouston.com
713-396-2017
I have lived in Jersey Village 25 years it is a great place to live. Houston is a melting pot any place you choose will have a big mix of people. Have driven about a million miles in Houston and know it well, can tell you the mix of people in different areas, does not matter Houston loves all people thats why it is booming with jobs and income. Call me 713-899-2062 then will tell you the ISD's to Choose.
Check out Clear Creek School District.......I have a house for Sale in Nasa area.....
My name is Enrique "Rick" Trevino. I am a Realtor and Marketing Coach for Prudential, Anderson Properties. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience so that I can obtain more information so that I can better serve you. Information that I would need is your price range or monthly payment, number of bedrooms, do you prefer a new home or pre-owned, etc.. I will search for homes for you so that you won’t have to, e-mail or mail them to you directly, negotiate for the best possible price, obtain the best interest rate, do a title search to make sure there are no liens on the home you are purchasing, schedule inspectors to inspect your property and negotiate any needed repairs prior to closing on your home.

Rick Trevino
Rick@hudzone.com
281-787-5153
There are many nice areas and communities in northwest Houston. The school districts are mainly Cypress-Fairbanks, Tomball, Klein and Spring independent school districts. There are also a wide range of communities. Please check out the link here and read up on neighborhoods that could work for you in the Cy-Fair and Cypress areas. Knowing more about your price range and wants for a new home will also help.

http://www.markknowshouston.com/communities.php

Before you get on that plane, you need to have an experienced Realtor ready for your arrival. I would highly suggest speaking to 2 or 3 Realtors and finding out how much experience they have with ex-pats, relocation and general sales experience. They also need to understand your special mortgage needs, tax issues, school questions and more. I have over 20 years of experience and live and work in northwest Houston. Visit my testimonial page on my website as others moving here from overseas have left nice comments about my services. Let us know if we can help.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Please, give me a call. I would love to assist you. Thanks and have a wonderful week.

Joe Cano - Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132
Web Reference: http://joelocator.com
I really did not like Jersey Village at all. It was a very old neighborhood, and the school was not good at all. I want to sell that house (which is empty now) and move when I return. We are looking at returning in one year, and thought it would be good to start looking now. My husband travels often for business, and he is able to go see properties. He will be in Houston next week.
I have sold homes in the neighborhood and still have friends that live there. Pricing is slowly going up and putting your home on the market before Spring Break is the best timing for those wanting to purchase before summer.
Flag Mon Mar 4, 2013
I live in Jersey Village, but sell mostly in Cypress. You should look at Bridgeland, Towne Lakes, and Fairfield. Let me know if I may assist you further.
Flag Mon Mar 4, 2013