Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

lhleechm, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

Relocating from TN to San Antonio need help finding the right areas to concentrate on finding a home in!

Asked by lhleechm, San Antonio, TX Sun Jan 5, 2014

Relocating from TN to San Antonio due to my husbands job. We have a 2 year old daughter and are looking for a family oriented area thats still conveniently located to shopping, outdoor activities etc. planning to rent 1 year and then buy a house. Hoping to keep our rent in the low $1,000's/month
I've heard about stone oak so any insight into there or similar areas would be so helpful!

Answers

6
Good Monday Morning,

Stone Oak is an excellent neighorhood with over 5,000 acres of neighborhoods. Rentals are a rarity and once they become available, a "good one" is taken up within hours being on the market. There are other great subdivisions in san Antonio as well, you might want to consider.

The best advice I can give you is choose a full time active Realtor to assist you. If you purchase or rent, I would start the process two months before your arrival.

If you would like for me to assist you, please contact me as soon as possible. I will want to ask you a lot of questions about your preferences and needs.

You can reach me any time at 210-215-7440 or Priscilla@AllenRealtyGroup.com.

Have an awesome week,

Priscilla Allen, GRI, ePro, SFR, 5Star
RE/MAX Associates
300 E. Sonterra Blvd., Bldg. 1, Ste. 1180
San Antonio, TX 78258
210-215-7440 Cell
1-866-284-1488 Toll Free Fax
Priscilla@AllenRealtyGroup.com
http://www.AllenRealtyGroup.com
Unfortunately 1000 will not get you in to Stone Oak. Rental start at 1295 and go up to over 2000. First lets start on where you will be working and then we can work from there. There are several around 1000 but most of them are around 1100 on up. Let me know if I can be of any help. I work with my client until I find them something that they would be comfortable in.
First get your loan in place so you know what you will and won't pay every month. Second, get yourself a relocation specialist or professional agent/broker that knows the area you wan to move and tell them exactly what you wrote here and your on your way to a new set of keys and chores around the house! Best of luck.
Welcome to San Antonio!!

I'm a Relocation Specialist and would be happy to assist with your transition.

Unfortunately $1000 won't get you much in the way of rentals in SA, and certainly not in Stone Oak, where I work.

If you were to purchase, you may be able to find a decent starter home for that price however.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience. My info is below.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

"I'll Find You The House, You Make It A Home!"

Cornel "Chuck" Berry, REALTOR®, (USAF Retired),
Real Estate Consultant, Lic# 0615965,
GRI, ABR, e-Pro, MRP, CNE, TAHS, SFR, Cartus CSA/NBS, MA,
Coldwell Banker D'Ann Harper, REALTORS®,
18756 Stone Oak Pkwy., Suite 101.
San Antonio, TX 78258.
Cell: (210) 683-1157
Direct: (210) 483-7552
Fax: (210) 483-4679
Email: cberry@cbharper.com
Web Page: http://www.chuckberryrealtor.com
CBDHR Intro: http://youtu.be/Lp8C1naryD8

Info about Brokerage Services: ww.trec.state.tx.us/pdf/contracts/OP-K.pdf

Get a **$50.00** referral fee for each buyer/seller you refer, paid at closing!
Hello there.

I have a great friend in Chattanooga myself. I am sure you will find the winters here much more hospitable.

For a decent location for what you are expecting, the rates would start about $1100-1200. I would be happy to help you as I have with many people relocating from out of state. Just check my recommendations to see for yourself what others have experienced working with me.

Please feel free to contact me night or day. I look forward to hearing from you.

Gregory Touchstone
Keller WIlliams Realty
210-660-2834
gregory.touchstone@gmail.com

Well, welcome to San Antonio TX :)! You will love it here. The Stone Oak area is a terrific part of San Antonio to live in with great schools and lots of shopping; however, homes to rent usually start at about $1100 for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home.

Every now and then you may find something cheaper, but you would need to fill in an application quickly :)!

I can set you up with a search for rentals in that area or others if you would like. Just let me know.

Brenda Mullen
Realtor®, ABR®
RE/MAX Access
210-807-0819
brenda.mullen@sbcglobal.net