Home Buying in Frisco>Question Details

sonu_thekool, Home Buyer in 08817

Relocating from NJ to Dallas, TX

Asked by sonu_thekool, 08817 Wed Jul 17, 2013

Hi, I am planning on relocating from NJ to Dallas TX towards the end of 2013 or early 2014, preferably to the neighborhood of Frisco as I have heard from a lot of my friends that Frisco is the up and coming cities. I dont know much about Dallas or its neighborhoods yet but have heard good things about it. I am planning on looking for a 4 bedroom house built later than 2005. Since I have two young kids ages 7 and 3 and so getting into an area with kid friendly activities is important. Could any of the agents knowledgeable in the area please send me your contact details so I can talk to you to get a feel of the market there ? I have no house to sell in NJ (I own one and can rent it out easily).

Answers

25
Love East Coaster's relocating to Dallas, TX. My husband and my now 8 and 4 year old relocated in 2007 from Boston to Frisco, TX. I had previously worked in Dallas in 2001 and knew this was the area that I would love to raise my family. I specialize in working with family's to find their dream home in the area and would love to set you up to view inventory prior to your move so you get an idea of what's available and I can see what you are looking for. Market is hot right now so homes are going quick, but when you make the move I can show you what's current and have a better idea after talking with you what to focus in on and explain the perfect subdivisions and exemplary schools within Frisco to maximize your experience here. Call me and we can discuss 214-356-8368
You will love the Frisco area. It is a booming city with a small town feel. Even the Dallas Cowboys just announced they are relocating their large practice facility to Frisco just off the Tollway. It is a super family friendly town with a tone of activities for kids. Plus the school district is great. They like to keep the school relatively small compared to other school districts. It sounds like I work for the city but really I'm just biased and love living here.

Ashley Purvis, ABR
Purvis Realty Group
http://www.purvisrealtygroup.com
214-868-2584
Dear Relocating from NJ,

Are you still planning a move to the Frisco/Dallas area? If so, I can tell you that trying to decide between Frisco and Dallas can be a little tricky because there are so many great areas to consider. If you still need an agent to help you with this crazy process I am happy to help.

My cell phone is my "life line" and that number is 469-400-5008.
My email address is katherinehancock@kw.com
I am with Keller Williams Frisco Stars

I wish you the best!
Katherine
Hello Sonu,

I would be more than happy to assist with your move and provide all the information you need in order to make a well-informed buying decision; however, before I automatically start sending you a list of homes for sale, I would like to speak with you to gather more information about your real estate needs, so please contact me TODAY at 214-872-0400.

Thank you!

Providing Solutions Because...Your Move Matters!
Michael L. Brownstead, GRI, ABR
REALTOR®
http://www.BrownsteadRealEtate.com
Thank you all for your advise. I will contact some of you in the next week or so to go over my requirements and see what kind of homes I can expect.

Sonu
Hi Sonu-

As you can see you got a great response from some local agents.

I'm a native Texan and have lived in the North Dallas area all my life and in Frisco since 1998. I grew up in Richardson which is a suburb of Dallas.

Having lived here all my life I can tell you everything there is to know about this area, family friendly neighborhoods, great children's activities and things to do.

I have years of experience helping family's relocate to the North Dallas area. Frisco is one of the fastest growing cities, again. We have over a dozen brand new neighborhoods being built so new construction homes are selling quickly.

Frisco ISD is also THE ONLY SCHOOL DISTRICT IN TEXAS TO RECEIVE AN EXEMPLARY RATING! No other school district has achieved this! We actually have a waiting list of teachers trying to get into our school district.

I know first hand how fantastic Frisco ISD is, my daughter started here in kindergarten and is now a Sophmore at college.

I have a wealth of information I can share with you and expert guidance to find the perfect neighborhood for you and your family.

Please call me so we can get acquainted and get the process started.

Sherry Renfroe
Ebby Halliday Realtors
(214) 215-4145
sherryrenfroe@ebby.com
http://www.sherryrenfroe.com
Mobile Site: m.sherryrenfroe.com
Hello Sonu, congratulations on your decision to relocate to Texas, I am confident that you and your family will enjoy it here!

Selecting an area in which to reside can be a very daunting task, but as an agent who focuses on real estate sales here in the Frisco, McKinney, Plano and Allen area, I am sure that I can provide you all the information and assistance that you need in order to make the best real estate decisions for your family.

In addition, I would love to learn more about your real estate needs, so please contact me TODAY at 214-872-0400.

Michael L. Brownstead, GRI, ABR
REALTOR®
http://www.BrownsteadRealEstate.com
I would be happy to assist you with your move to Texas. I too relocated from NJ (lived in Succasunna and my son was born in Morristown) to TX many years ago and have loved living here. Frisco is a great city with homes that fit your criteria and many opportunities for your kids and for you as well.
Please email or call anytime. Would love to help you out!
Linda McCullough
214-676-0331 cell/text
lindamccullough@ebby.com
Good morning, 

I live here in Frisco and love it. I am here and ready to help on the phone and in person when you get here. I worked with a Client who transfered from NJ recently.

I am retired from the military and like to work with a few Clients at a time so I can give each of them the Full-Attention and Full-Service they deserve.

Proud to Serve You, 
David C. Hauck 
Realtor / Retired Navy 
214-641-5032 
HauckRealty@gmail.com 
HauckRealty.com
Welcome to Texas! Frisco is my main market area. I live in Frisco myself and have 3 children attending school and playing several sports in the area. I just relocated a family from Jersey 2 weeks ago, it's quite a different market. I specialize in relocation and am licensed in 2 states. Please feel free to call me I would enjoy the opportunity to assist you.

Cary McCoy
carymccoy@ebby.com
http://www.carymccoysellshomes.com
Over $100 Million in Sales
A Home SOLD Every 5 Days
214-621-5491
I'd be happy to assist you and discuss your real estate and family need. Part of my service is to educate clients with the area so they know what they will get into.

Frisco is a wonderful city with tons of great neighborhoods, tons of families with young children, and plenty of exemplary schools. You heard right about Frisco. Let me know how I can further assist you!

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
So, you are from Jersey....what exit? Bet you never heard that one! As you can see there are a lot of agents that are available to help you. If you are interested in working with an opinionated agent on what to expect in Texas call me. One of my team members or myself can assist you.

Jane Yeatman
The Yeatman Team
http://www.theyeatmanteam.ebby.com
972-679-6345
Hello and Welcome to Frisco!

Frisco is a great area for families and there is always a lot to do. There is a minor league baseball team,professional hockey team,great parks,golf courses,tons of shopping and lots of great family activities. They have a phenomenal school system where you will find many of the elementary schools to be exemplary. There is a fabulous aquatic center that is tons of fun for kids in the summer months.I am in the Frisco neighborhoods daily and would be very happy to answer any questions or help you with your home search. Feel free to call me or email me.

Jason Todd
214-458-4198
jtoddrealty@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://ToddHomesForSale.com
Welcome to Texas! I suggest you look at McKinney as well as Frisco. Frisco is home to major shopping, and direct access to Preston road & 121. But McKinney has more of a small town feel with lots of opportunities for family and sports activities. Give me a call. I would be happy to discuss subdivisions, schools, and life style. Check out my Trulia profile for comments from my clients.

Patrick Jackson
REALTOR, ABR, GRI, E-Pro
469-450-8315
Patrickcjackson@gmail.com
Feel free to call me any time.
Market is hot here.
Homes sell quickly and often have multiple offers.

Frisco has gone from something like 5000 to 115,000 people in about 12 years or so.
I could be a little off on my numbers, but that gives you an idea.
So most of the houses are less than 10 years old.
To me no bad areas of Frisco.
Lots of new schools, young families, lots of kid activities...probably everything you can think of from soccer, to art lessons, to karate, and many more.
Generally know to have great schools.

Home to a minor league baseball team, home to the Dallas Stars hockey practice facility, a mall, and much more.

One of things I would ask is where you plan to work. DFW is a big place.....so while Frisco is a great place to live, there may be other alternatives you might like better. Also may depend on your price range. Generally prices are $200,000-$600,000, with lots of homes in the $300,000-$400,000 range.

You can see and keep track of homes in Frisco at this link:
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/community/area/Frisco/
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Excellent location and very family oriented. Would like an opportunity to visit with you. Available 24/7
972-741-8141
Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent. EBAs only work with homebuyers and there is never a conflict of interest that will jeopardize your negotiating position.

I am the owner/broker of one of Dallas' oldest and most successful Exclusive Buyer Agencies, HelpUBuy America. We charge a flat-fee for our services, so our fee is the same regardless of whether you buy a $150,000 home or a $500,000 home. This eliminates the conflict of interest that exists when you an agent is paid a commission based on the sales price of the home.

We've been protecting the rights of first-time homebuyers since 1995, and we'd love to assist you. I've also had a book published on Amazon called Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You. It'll be the best $7 you've ever spent.

Let me know if we can help.
Sonu, I have been in Real Estate here in the Frisco area for 26 years. I would be glad to help you and answer any questions you may have. I can be reached at 972-839-2695. Thanks, Dave
I am working the Frisco area as we speak! I am a Dallas native, very family oriented myself, and can provide a lot of resources for you regarding the Dallas metroplex as well. If you plan on financing, I have some excellent lender referrals, as well as home inspectors, you name it.
Feel free to tour my website at http://www.NeedMyHomeSold.com, and let me know how I can be of assistance, thanks!

Diane Briggs, REALTOR®
Asset Realty
(214) 289-0093
I would feel honored represent your family whether to lease or purchase.

Contact my office
_________________________________________
Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
https://twitter.com/Lynn911
Hi. I not only assist clients in the Frisco area, but I also live in Frisco with my family. I would love the opportunity to speak with you and see how I can be of service to you. You may contact me directly via phone/text at 214-505-1676 or via email at tara@tarakleinhomes.com. Also feel free to review my website for up to date listing information at http://www.KleinRealtyGroup.com
You can contact me and I can give you more about Frisco city, Schools etc. I am in this business for last 6+ years working with KW Realty Frisco Star. I am moving to Frisco this month too.

My contact number is 214-563-9876

Bela
Hi. I live and work here in Frisco. I am excited to help you.

Proud to Serve You,
David C. Hauck
Realtor / Retired Navy
214-641-5032
HauckRealty@gmail.com
I'll be glad to answer your questions!

Andrew.smith@coldwellbanker.com
(214) 686-1507
I would love to help you!

Laura Rosser
940-268-7818
laura@rosserrealty.com
rosserrealty.com
facebook.com/rosserrealty