Home Buying in Eatontown>Question Details

Lost In Relo…, Home Buyer in Central Business Dis...

Relocating from London to Central Jersey - where should we start looking?

Asked by Lost In Relocation, Central Business District, Newark, NJ Sat Feb 2, 2008

My partner, dog, and I are relocating for a new position in Eatontown, NJ. We've spent some time in the area, and despair at the thought of leaving behind our home in the UK as we are having serious trouble finding somewhere that combines a bit of cosmopolitan with the 'burbs that enables access to Eatontown and access to the City. Are there any hidden gems out there that we're missing?

Answers

20
Relocating in Eatontown gives you many great choices. Do you want to be close to the ocean? Then look in the shore areas such as Long Branch. If you like a country setting, try Little Silver or Shrewsbury or Tinton Falls. And if you like the city, there is Red Bank too. You have many choices.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 6, 2008
Hoboken is a fun town but it is a long commute to Eatontown. Red Bank is "Hip" and you can live close to the beach River and 45 minutes by Ferry to NYC. My husband is British and we know many Expats in the area. Yes, we have hidden "gems" you are missing. I would love to help you. Here is information on Red Bank but I wouldn't stop there: http://www.redbankredhot.com/ I would try other towns feel free to contact me at mbutler@gnrgmac.com. I would love to help you explore the area. I think I can offer a unique prospective because I am married to a Brit and I've lived in London & San Francisco before moving here.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 4, 2008
We live in Wayside (part of Ocean Township) and about two minutes from Industrial Way in Eatontown. Ocean Township offers great parks and schools, proximity to Red Bank (15 min car ride) and NYC (50 min without traffic) and is 4.5 miles from the beach. Are you looking to purchase?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 4, 2008
Have you thought of Hoboken? It is 10 a minute bus, train or ferry ride from Manhattan but the town is only 1 mile square with about 65,000 inhabitants. The entrance to the NJ Turnpike is a few streets out of town. NJ Transit has a hub here that provides train service to all over the state. So commuting to central NJ is not bad.

We have a small town feel with a big city attitude. Much like European cities, we've got a 'high' street - Washington Street - with all the shops and restaurants you could want. Our real estate market is exceptionally strong - prices are stable and the average price for condos is about $530 per square foot, more if you'd like a NYC & river view. Historic brownstones sell for about a million, have private yards much like in central London and they are gorgeous.

I'd be happy help you if you would like to contact me directly. I specialize in Hoboken.
Good luck & welcome to NJ!
Lori Turoff
201 993 9500 (cell)
info@hobokensbest.com
http://www.hobokensbesthomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 2, 2008
You start by calling the Eatontown Expert. I have lived in town for over 10 years. You definately have some choices out there, and I will find you a home with a big fenced in yard for your dog too! Call me - Jenine Ford 732-718-4473
This was asked almost 2 years ago.

Did you find a place yet?
Did you decide to rent or did you buy and lose a lot of equity since 2008?
I see you want to be close to Eatontown and easy access to the City. My first question is how far away from your office do you want to be located? 10 min 15 min 20 min. I am asking because this will help me narrow which would be the best town for you. There is close transportation to the City from Eatontown & Tinton Falls but you can Also go Shrewsbury, Redbank, Middletown, Holmdel these are all towns that are 10-20 mins to Eatontown but also 10-20 minutes closer to NY and these towns also have easy acces to NY weather driving or train & bus. I hope this is helpful any questions or advise feel free to contact me.

Heather Rubino
I just bought a house in Tinton Falls. It is close to Eatontown, the Garden State Parkway, and the prices are a value right now. For example, and I do not want to disclose too many details of my deal, but I just bought the house for $25,000 less than the sellers paid in 2004! There are some real good deals in central Jersey now. Welcome to the area!
Dear Londoner,
Your first stop should be Monmouth County NJ. I have lived here for 30 year. I've attended the schools, enjoyed the beaches, nightlife, theater, shopping, thoroughbred racing, parks and recreation, and more. I am now a real estate agent and think that Monmouth County has the magic combination of proximity to NYC (45 min by train or car; 30 min by ferry), combined with prime but affordable real estate and the relaxed Shore lifestyle.

I don't know what your budget is but your transfer to Eatontown coincides with a major Eatontown employer (Fort Monmouth) moving its 4000 employees to Maryland. Hence, there are many attractive properties for sale in the area at very nice prices. So why not give me a call or an email for more information? You can log on to my secure website http://www.GreatHomesbyKP.com and get great information on the area: demographics, schools, birds-eye views, etc. Plus you'll see my resume and you can decide if you'd like to work with me. I am a Cerified RELO agent, so if your company is paying for your relocation, they will no doubt be using a relocation agency. Weichert Relocation (an affiliate of Weichert Realtors) is the largest privately owned member of RELO, to which all the relocation companies belong. Relocation companies' prime purpose is to make you the employee happy. So if you have a particular real estate agent you want to work with all you need to do is tell your relocation coordinator. You may also email me directly at kperez@weichert.com
Best of luck with your relocation!
Kathryn Perez
Sales Representative
Weichert Realtors
OceanTwp, NJ 07755
I have a beautiful, new 3 bedroom with a lovely fenced in backyard and close to a large park with trails in Eatontown. Eatontown is a great place to live. It is close to the beach and close to the Garden State Parkway. You can e-mail me and I will send you photos. You can rent it or buy it.

Best of luck to you.
Kerry

e-mail
Kerrybkg@yahoo.com
Location, location, location! Holmdel Township is the "Crown Jewel" of Monmouth County. Any help you need call me.
Have you considered the greater Princeton area? Princeton is a very beautiful town with city culture such as equity theatre, wonderful music offerings and, of course, the university which offers a speakers program with world-recognized individuals. Princeton is also etremely multi-cultural, thanks to the university, and offers many interesting restaurants for entertaining and dining. The good news is that you don't need to live in Princeton to enjoy all it has to offer. Eatontown is about 40 minutes away from the towns that are just east of Princeton. The real estate values in these areas are very strong, since each municipality offers top-rated schools (which drive value in NJ). We also have the Northeast Corridor train line right here, so you would be 55 min by train from New York. If you're eenjoy the arts, this is the place to be. We are also very close to the New Hope/Lambertville area which has a thriving art community and many antique shops for a weekend browse.
I have been a realtor in this area for 15 years, and over that period of time have helped many people make the move from international locations to this area. Since this area is rich in history, coming from the UK, you'll feel right at home. Please feel free to contact me personally to disucss your needs and talk further about the area. Good Luck!
Katherine Pease
Weichert Realtors, Priinceton office
609-577-6598
609-921-1900 x115

First, a big welcome to NJ. I could live anywhere in the US, and have lived in the Midwest, Southern California beaches, in Greenwich, Connecticut on the Long Island Sound, and have been a Monmouth County resident for over 12 years. I hung up my corporate hat and now reside here…..and love it here. I have had the opportunity to live in some fabulous places, so it does speak well of this area.

I hope that you can find the wonderful joys and diverse options this area has to offer.

We are quite the desired relocation point and second home destination for many NYC dwellers. This may result from the area’s ability to meet that balance of interests of cosmopolitan, beach lifestyle, and casual suburban and rural lifestyle.

We have a relocation package that we created for NYC residents considering our area. This same package may be helpful for you. If you want this sent to you in London, we can send it out DHL.

I am a member of CIPS…..Certified International Property Specialists. I have completed several international transactions and am comfortable answering most any question you can throw our way. Feel free to ask.

Your lifestyle options will run from beach areas in newer community townhouse developments, to a town environment such as Red Bank, to suburban homes, or country estates of several acres. We are home to a few of the top rated restaurants in the state, phenomenal outdoor activities with miles of pristine beaches, local theater that is quite impressive, and a housing stock that is quite diverse to meet the budget and criteria of any buyer.

We completed a sale a few months back for buyers from London. If you would like to be put in contact with them, we can arrange for you to hear their input on their experiences.

The relocation package is quite extensive and is available (yes, all way to London via DHL) at no cost or obligation.

Welcome to NJ….This is a great place to live………accessibility to NYC is a great plus…..but even without that, the lifestyle here is terrific!

Deborah Madey - Broker
Peninsula Realty Group
(732) 530-7755 Main Office
(732) 530-6350 Direct
Deborah@PeninsulaFirst.com
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
Hi and welcome to Monmouth County, one of the top 10 most desirable places to live on the East Coast. Monmouth County is home to many large corporations, so I assume that you are a corporate relo for one of them.

I own my agency and have been licensed since 1996 and have lived my entire life in Monmouth County. I would be glad to help you to find a home. Most important is that you need to get a sense of what your budget can afford here in Monmouth County. We are not the most affordable county in the state, but we have so much to offer: beaches, horse farms, major shopping and hospitals (therefore, excellent medical practictioners) and of course we have historic areas and lots of public parklands. You get what you pay for, as the saying goes!

Feel free to email me at: pabrams@monmouth.com to provide some parameters of what you are looking for and I will gladly try to accommodate your needs.
Being closer to Asbury Park, like Ocean Township in monmouth county, may be a welcome area for you and your partner.

good luck
Hey there,

I obviously would tell you that my house would be perfect for you, but I don't know what you are looking for nor do you know anything about my house... we can talk about that later if you wish... but I recommend the Freehold area... reasons.... about 20 min to Redbank (it is really a nice place), but Freehold has it's own "downtown" area, it's close to all the highways, half way to NYC and Philadelphia, suburban enough, but definitely "hip" & the place to be...

If you have any questions feel free to email me... I'm not a realtor but am a realestate investor so I never sell at retail ;) always below... lisa@lmspropertiesgroup.com
Certainly, I feel our home is the best buy for you, your partner and dog. 5-10 minutes to Eatontown. 50 Minutes to NYC. 10 Minutes to Atlantic. And, did I mention, FREE LAND in FLORIDA?! It's all true! Please clcik the link below.
Web Reference: http://wallhouseforsale.com
the vultures are getting close...
moving to Hoboken is silly if your working in Eatontown. Red Bank is 10 minutes away. It has a restaurants, shops the river and is easy to get into the city. A ferry into the city (10 minute drive) and 40 minutes to NYC. If you want to be in a city(walkable) Red Bank is the best although taxes and crime are rising. I was a realtor ... make sure that the person you work with doesn't stick you in a new build that will take a LONG time to turn over. Find an agent that has been in the business FULL time for over 10 years and has lived in the area your interested in for at least 20 years.

Your home and happiness are at stake, don't trust some of the internet people since they are usually covering mass areas and not specializing in any... (oh that is the town dump behind your woods ... I didn't realize that...)

Oh yes - and we are very dog friendly with many dog runs and pet shops in town.
Hi Lost in Relo,
Have you looked in Red Bank? It's a hip town only about 4 parkway miles to Eatontown. It isn't too far from the beach, and is only one hour to NYC. There is train service, bus service, or ferry service from the area.
If you would like to see some of the available properties you can go to my website http://www.dianeglander.com and search or email me from there or through Trulia and I'll send you out a few considerations.
In the meantime, try these links:
http://www.escapemaker.com/nj/redbank/redbank.html
http://www.redbank.com
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com