Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Michael, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

Relocating from Atlanta and looking to move to really nice area of downtown, midtown Houston...any recommendations?

Asked by Michael, Atlanta, GA Tue Jun 25, 2013

Answers

3
As has been suggested, Houston is a very hot market. I will assume that you will be working downtown and would like to be near, without traffic problems. There are many new options in downtown, mostly hi-rise and townhomes. Within a short distance you will find River Oaks, Memorial, McGregor, The Museum District, Southhampton, The Village, Bellaire, West University. Most of these are very pricey but might be what you are looking for. I suggest that you contact one of us and let us start working for you. As you know, it most likely will not cost you anything to get the expertise of a Realtor.

Arnold Richie, Realtor®
Terry Burnaman Realtors
arnold@yournexthomehouston.com
http://www.yournexthomehouston.com
713-396-2017 281-788-8962
Houston is experiencing a very hot market right now. New construction is booming. 3 and 4 story townhomes are going up in mid-town, Central. There are lots of neighborhoods in and around downtown Houston. The city is pretty spread-out. Older more established neighborhoods such as River Oaks, West University, Memorial areas are lovely and expensive!

Old or new?
Single family residence or townhome/condo?
Price max?
Working with a lender?
Commuting distance?

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Dee
There are a lot of nice areas located inside the loop close to downtown. It really just depends on what you are looking for and your price range. We have a lot of new construction being built around the downtown area. Homes are going quickly so I would recommend being ready to place an offer once you do find something you are interested in. Please contact me if you need any help with your home search.
Thanks Rhonda, what are the price ranges as I am open to a wide range. Im more concern about interest rates...Im trying to narrow things down while Im in Afghanistan.
Flag Wed Jun 26, 2013