Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

Draider, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

Relocate to Charolette. We want a condo 2 bedrooms plus a study. 20 minutes from the city. Upscale neiborhood. Spending 800,000 to 1.2M.

Asked by Draider, Charlotte, NC Sun Aug 1, 2010

Answers

22
Debe Maxwell, CRS’s answer
Hi Draider!

Well, you've certainly received alot of offers to assist! We are a very welcoming southern bunch!

I do have a wonderful condo listed--in fact, a junior penthouse suite in The Arlington--captivating views of the city and only 5 minutes from Uptown! The condo is immaculate and is a corner unit with views of the city from every room. The 3 bedroom unit has spacious rooms and is in a complex that offers a gym, a pool, secure parking, security and is just a short hop, skip or jump to many of Charlotte's best restaurants, shopping, cultural arts and professional sporting events. The penthouse condo is currently listed at only $525,000!

You can see photos and learn more about this condo at http://www.soldbydebe.com/property/7534005/315_Arlington_AVE…

There are many other condos in that price range that are listed in the heart of some of our most popular areas--South End, Dilworth, Myers Park, etc. We'd love to show you our listing or any others that are listed that fit your specifications and lifestyle.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 1, 2010
Draider,
Like most have said, Charlotte is a wonderful place to live! You do have a multitude of options in the condo market around the uptown/Charlotte area. If you would like an extensive search sent to you via e-mail please let me know. I would love to help/educate you on the Charlotte market and surrounding.

Feel free to contact me at your leisure.
704-654-9305
aroccanti@helenadamsrealty.com
Draider,
The Trust uptown is where you need to place that kind of money. Michael Jordan is renovating the penthouse floor for himself there. Checkout the article:
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12884541

I have a buddy that lives in that building and it is sweet. Very few units but done very well.
Mike
Draider,

You are receiving a lot of responses from everyone here. I read through the responses and I thnk people are right in the midwood and uptown areas are where you are going to want to look. But there are other factors to consider also. DO you want a view of the city line? Close to any shopping or activities? Anything you are looking for in a neighborhood or complex?

I love to help you out and show you what Chalotte has to offer. Please feel free to visit my website for more information about me and let me knwo how I can assist you in your condo search....

Dave diCecco
Web Reference: http://www.davedicecco.com
Hello:

With this very generous price point you will have many excellent options. I have selected seven homes for you to look at in very nice neighborhoods about 5-10 minutes from uptown Charlotte. I hope you will feel free to contact me to let me show these and others to you when you are here in our fair city.Just copy and paste the following seven links to see the properties I have selected for you and please get back in touch to let me know what you think! Take care....Jane
allentate.com/janekusterer/931783
allentate.com/janekusterer/871891
allentate.com/janekusterer/864566,
allentate.com/janekusterer/948934
allentate.com/janekusterer/940322,
allentate.com/janekusterer/862982
allentate.com/janekusterer/960133

Jane K Kusterer
Allen Tate Realtors
704-591-0901
Draider,

What a great time to buy! Charlotte will afford you hundreds of prospective properties. You will want to be sure to hire the services of a buyer agency that can help you navigate all of those prospective choices from afar with excellence. Someone that will preview properties for you. And most importantly someone that will help you negotiate the best deal possible in this fantastic buyer's market.

As you have already seen from this post, you will surely garner the attention of a great many agents vying for your business. I would like to ask for a few minutes of your time to explain the advantages we offer to our buyer clients. Please call me directly on my cell anytime.

Matthew Tringali
Owner of Group 15 Real Estate
704.517.3906
matthew@group15realestate.com

p.s. In the meantime, check out this page of our website describing some of those advantages.
Hi Draider...saw your Trulia post and thought I would forward one of my uptown listings to you that may fit your needs...not sure if you want to be in Center City or more outside of the city...but this is someplace to start and feel free to use my website to search for homes, it has very useful searching capabilities. If you have any specific questions, please let me know...I am more than happy to help...I have been a urban home specialist for over 15 years in the Charlotte Metro areas...Thanks, Shonn
i work for mytownhome realty...we specialize in condos and townhomes throughout charlotte. for that price range id recommend the southpark area, myers park or lake norman. when you say 20 minutes from the city...would you prefer a suburban feel or are you just concerned with the commute time to center city? if its suburban feel...id go with lake norman. if you email me at erin@mytownhome.com i can send you listings to help you get a feel for the different areas. (i apologize for typos...sent from mobile device)
Hey Draider,

You want to be on Lake Norman, or central to Charlotte, or Myers Park at those prices in a condo or townhouse. Be careful how you spend your money because the re-sale market is tricky in the high end right now. Usually urban professionals, empty nesters, or singles making high salaries buy this kind of property in our area. You need to make sure the buying demographics will carry you forward when you go to sell.

I like The Arlington and 400 North Church in the center city. Cove Key is nice in Lake Norman. Simonini Builders is building quality townhouses in a number of locations. Myers Park is a good location for most things. More research is needed by your real estate agent to secure the right property. At a quick glance, I found 52 properties that might meet your criteria, but may not when a personal showing was accomplished.

Welcome to Charlotte,
Robin Faison, Broker
704-564-5607
Hello Draider,

I relocated to the Charlotte area as well. My family and I love it here as I'm sure you will too. Please feel free to check out my web site and contact me to see how I can service you in your home search. Thank you.

Tony Orefice
Broker/Realtor
Wilkinson & Associates
980-254-7263
Thats great you can definately find something in that price range. I could also show you Condos that are really nice for much less than that. If you are interested in having some money left in the bank call me.
704-763-0059
Now to answer your question,only a couple of spots, from Myers Park to Southpark, and there are listings in the this link: http://bit.ly/b6vkoB

I work with Luxury home and condo buyers every day. Please visit my website below for more details, or just call me at 704-351-1510.
Thank You
Terry McDonald
Driader,

Are you familiar with Charlotte? There are many different areas that would place you 20 min from the city. Is there a specific reason you are looking for a condo vs. single family home?
If you are not familiar with Charlotte and it's neigbhorhoods your best bet would be to explore the different areas because in that price range you will not have any problems finding a perfect home and most likely spend considerably less. If you would like more info on Charlotte and different areas 20 minutes from the city I would be happy to assist you. I have been working with people relocating to the Charlotte area for over 6 years and am a NY transplant myself. Hope to hear from you.
Hi Draider!
It's a great time to buy in the Charlotte area and your price range has certainly attracted you a lot of attention. I would love to talk with you about your goals and lifestyle needs to determine the best fit for you and show you properties that will help you make those decisions. You may decide that you don't have to spend that much to get what you want in our area right now. Although we certainly have some very nice properties in those ranges. I am a Charlotte native and have been recognized nationally for my Quality Customer Service. Please take a look at my bio on my webpage and give me a call.
Beth
Hello, Draider.... The uptown market (within the city) would certainly fit your criteria as well as South Charlotte (within 20 minutes). I agree with the other Realtor who suggests reselling your condo at this price point in the current market would be difficult. If you don't want the SIZE that 800+ brings in a home, you might consider a less expensive home (and smaller) closer in. Insofar as maintenance is concerned, we have several landscape companies who could provide the service you require.

One of the best things about Charlotte are the alternatives.

If you'd like to pursue further, please feel free to contact me. Best wishes!

Jim Nuccio Keller Williams Ballantyne
704.807.7312
Jim@JimNuccio.com
I am with My Townhome Realty a boutique firm in Charlotte specializing in townhomes, condos and lofts. I would be glad to send you properties in the area and price range you are looking in for you to preview then we can go see any you like.

Craig White
My Townhome Realty
Cwhite@mytownhome.com
704.906.7899
Hello Draider!

Welcome to Charlotte. I relocated here in 2001 from the Philadelphia area, and it is nice to not have to deal with snow! Have you thought about the Ballantyne area? It is an upscale neighborhood in south Charlotte that has great golf courses, great restaurants, a beautiful greenway for jogging/walking and upscale condos like the one you're seeking!

If you're not currently working with another realtor, I would love to help you find your new home, and settle in and adjust. If you send me your name and address, I could send you a complete relocation packet that gives you information on all of the stuff to do in Charlotte and a map so that you could plot out where the amenities that interest you are located and narrow down where you might want to live. But I vote for Ballantyne ;-)
Hello Draider,

I was just looking a few yesterday that were just "plain awesome". Please feel free to call me and we can go take a look at them.

regards,

Rod Potter
Broker/Realtor
Wilkinson and Associates
(704)840-4137
Licensed in NC and SC
http://www.rodshomes.com " Charlottes #1 Real Estate Blog"
Web Reference: http://www.rodshomes.com
I would think your needs would be better suited with a home in this price range and alot easier to sell in the future. If you would like assistance, I would be more than honored to assist you! My email is jen1@kw.com
Draider,

There are a number of properties which meet your needs currently on the market. If you are preapproved and not currentlly working with a Realtor, I would like the opportunity to assist you. Please contact me at the number below at your convenience and we can discuss your options.

Chuck Webb
Wilkinson & Associates
704-724-2454
cfwebb@bellsouth.net
Welcome to Charlotte - we relocated here 20 years ago; it was an up and coming city then and continues to be today. I would love to help you find your new home. I can also help you with a lender if you need to get pre-approved. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can chat; or visit my web site: http://www.PropertiesofCharlotte.com.

Debbie Arriero
ABR, AHWD, ASP, CRS, e-PRO, GRI, SFR, SRES, REALTOR
Serving the Charlotte area since 1990
Licensed in North & South Carolina
2009 Charlotte Magazine 5 Star Customer Satisfaction Award Winner

Arriero Realty, Inc.
P.O. Box 77283
Charlotte, NC 28271
(704) 451-3895
(704) 321-5532 Fax

mailto:DebbieArriero@Windstream.net
http://PropertiesofCharlotte.com
http://twitter.com/UNC_NCSU_Mom
Welcome to Charlotte! I would love you help you find your new home. When are you free to look at homes?

Brandi
---

Brandi Morris
NC Real Estate Broker/Realtor®
Ivy Hill Realty
704.621.1065 (p)
704.973.9606 (f)
Brandi@IvyHillRealty.com