Home Buying in Johns Island>Question Details

Rcharles, Other/Just Looking in Amenia, NY

Regarding lots on Johns Island, SC

Asked by Rcharles, Amenia, NY Mon Jul 4, 2011

I see that over the past few years the price of lots on Johns Island have been falling. What is the state of that market today and your expectations over the next year or two? Is now the time to buy or would it be better to wait. Thanks.

Answers

5
The best thing to do is consult with a realtor regarding an area on Johns Island you are thinking about. I would be happy to discuss the values, and the prospects with you. You can call me at 843-697-3504 or email me at ron@dhmrealestate.com to discuss. I have lived and worked realestate during the boom, and the downturn on Johns Island. There is a future here.
and to answer your question concerning buying now, or later, my client has dropped his price almost 200K under appraisal (less than 2 months old) in order to sell NOW. it won't last at this price
http://www.tidelanddrive.net
I have a lisiting on Jons Island and, therefore, stay on top of the market values, etc. tale a look at my listing.
http://www.tidelanddrive.net.

Robin Crump
843-813-5688
robincrumprealestate@gmail.com
Vacant land on Johns Island is still in a pretty substantial over-supply, so there are deals to be found everywhere. They've fallen pretty far, but can't go much lower in many places. Depending on what you're looking for, there are deals out there in this buyer's market. I'm a Certified appraiser in addition to being a sales agent and I have a lot of experience in this market. If you're interested in learning more, want to talk about properties you're interested in, or look at a few places, email me anytime at healy@beresfordappraisals.com

Thanks!
Hi Mr. Charles,

Would you like me to send you a list of land sales on Johns Island. This will give you a better idea of what land is selling for compared to the asking price. Please email me at MyHomeCharleston@gmail.com or call me at 843.814.9119 and I can give you my thoughts on the market today and my expectations over the next year. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Have a great day.

Michele Moriarty
Agent Owned Realty