Home Buying in Sierra Vista>Question Details

Preiser, Home Buyer in Sierra Vista, AZ

Regarding homes for sale ($150,000 to $190,000 range) in Sierra Vista, why do none have air conditioning mentioned? Are we missing something?

Asked by Preiser, Sierra Vista, AZ Wed Oct 5, 2011

Answers

8
The reason you're not finding any mention of home cooling systems is because this feature is not one of those that is uploaded from the Multiple Listing System (MLS) to the numerous online National Marketing channels. A quick search in our local MLS revealed that there are 154 homes currently listed in your price range, 109 of these have central A/C, 37 have evaporative cooling, and the remainder have heat pump. As you can see, all homes in your price range in the Sierra Vista area have some form of cooling system. I suggest you look for homes on the following site: http://seazrealtor.com/
On this site, that is the Southeast AZ association of Realtors site, you can perform searches and, by clicking on the home that meets your criteria, you will see all the home features on the bottom of the page, to include heating and cooling.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 6, 2011
Just curious if you are seeing that to be true on all sites for all properties in Sierra Vista only. If so, there may be something we can do to get the field displayed in our MLS. Let me know if I can help.
Actually, most of the homes in this price range are indeed the older homes, and they where built with evaportive or "swamp" coolers. Some may have been upgraded to A/C, but not common in the price range, as a conversion is around $5,000. As to if it shows up or not, it depends upon the website you are looking on. All homes will generally have some sort of cooling in our area, and we do not have the problems of cooling units being stolen on a regular basis as you might see in the larger cities. Please check with a Sierra Vista Realtor, as our area is TOTALLY different from either the Tucson or Phoenix areas.
You are missing the MLS. Or what an agent can do with as search for you.. Trulia has great basic info. If you like the property contact an agent to get the rest.
You can't assume that homes in Prescott have A/C or even in the valley.. We see older homes with evaporation or window units and Bank owned properties with the AZ unit missing.
Dear Preiser:

If you wish to send me one or two that you have looked I will check it out for you.

My guess is they will have AC at this price. Keep in mind the listing may say "Heat Pump: which provides bot refrigeration and heat.

The listing from the Realtors MLS will have more information.

Jeff Masich
Arizona Homes and Land
HomeSmart Realty
Web Reference: http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
I am not certain why it is not listed but I would assume that the homes would have central air in most cases. However, this is something that you may want to make sure of before you purchase.

If you need assistance in purchasing a property or just want to see what is out there then go to http://www.RanchoElDoradoRealEstate.com and see all that we have to offer.
Most of the older homes in Sierra Vista have swamp coolers. This is a cooler that uses water to cool the home. If the listing is not showing A/C then it will have a swamp cooler.
That was a good question! I just did a quick check of properties in your price range. It looks to me as if our MLS does not send over the data indicating air conditioning. I'm not sure if this is correct. But I did click on a couple of the newer homes (homes built after 2000) and went to the ERA Four Feathers site and a listed home did have air conditioning.

Maybe another agent in Sierra Vista knows if this is an issue with our MLS?

My suggestion to you is if you find some homes that interest you, click on the link to the office's website to get more information on that particular property.