Home Buying in Naples>Question Details

Suz, Home Buyer in Naples, FL

Reflection Lakes has lots of units for sale. Is there a reason for this?

Asked by Suz, Naples, FL Sun Jul 15, 2012

I am looking for a 1 story 3 BR with a garage for under $150,000. I see there are 2 such units in Reflection Lakes that have been on the market for almost a year or more. I am wondering why.
I am a 60 yr. old single woman who is about to retire & am looking for a community that offers a nice clubhouse with activities & clubs where I can meet people & build a nice life. Any suggestions?

Answers

12
I will be honest, this area seems to be in transition. If you are looking for a nice community for over 55+ I would recommend going to take a look at http://www.realestatejoe.com/retirement-55-communities.php If you have questions on any of the properties there, just let me know, I always return my phone calls and I will do my best to help you.
Ric Simmonds, Agent, Naples, FL I have sold 2 units in Reflection Lakes in the past few months and both customers have been very satisfied with the property and the community. The area is transforming itself now that Lennar has begun building new homes. I'll be happy to share my experience with you as well as that of my customers if you give me a call.

Ric Simmonds
Coldwell-Banker Residential, North Office, Naples Fl
239-272-5913
ric.simmonds@floridamoves.com
Sign of the times; lots were speculators and others could not do what they wanted...build. Call me and we can explore the area....800-448-3411 ext 601...Kathy BC (7/16)
Suz,

Reflection Lakes does have a "Clubhouse" with pool and Excercise room but may not have the social interection you may find in a country club. You may want to investigate Eagle Creek right down the road. If you are not a Golfer, they may have Social Memberships available which include 7 HarTru Tennis Courts, 3 HarTru Bocce courts, a Jr Olympiic Pool[with aquatic exercise classes],a fitness center and a newly remodeled Clubhouse with dining and "Social Interaction". visit their web site:
http://www.eaglecreekgcc.com

I currently have a 3 bedroom-3 full bath end unit with garage and elevator service with lake view at $159,900. Last unit closed in this building 4/30/2012 for $225,0000 and sold full price in 2 days!
Call if I may be of service or answer any questions. http://www.eaglecreekresales.com

Eagle Creek is an intimate community built on a 300 Acre Cypress preserve with a West of 41 location, with only 458 residenses...with a great neighborhood feel ....where people know many of their neighbors and you never feel lost in the crowd!

Thank You ,
Maurice McLaughlin-Broker Associate
Downing-Frye Realty Inc,

239-249-1000
Hello Suz!

There are many neighborhoods in the immediate area that will meet what you are looking for.

It is important that you find a community that will give you that warm fuzzy family feel. In order to find this, it will be valuable for you to build a relationship with a realtor that you trust who will take the time to understand your personality and needs and pair you with a community that offers what you are looking for.

Are you looking only for single family homes or would a paired villa which is one story with a garage work for you? What kind of Hoa fees are you comfortable paying?

The search engines online are not always updated with listing dates and current status. You can visit my website which will allow you to search MLS which is updated up to the minute! http://www.stefaniesells.com

If you would like to email me the addresses or mls #'s I would be happy to take a closer look and determine if these units have been active for that long, and if so, offer some insight into why that is. They may be short sales waiting for 3rd party lender approval.

If you do not already have a relationship with a Realtor, I would be happy to assist you in finding your perfect place in the Florida sunshine, and getting you accurate information on active and sold listings!

Please, do not hesitate to call or email me at any time if I can be of service to you !

Stefanie
swilfong@hotmail.com
239-822-5763
We can help you as a Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES). Call us toll free at 877.832.6173. http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/
Hi Suz,
There can be many reasons why properties sit for a long time, in any community.
When homes were built at the peak price period in mid 2000's, the prices were high and many buyers were not fully qualified to purchase, or their circumstances changed. Home values plummeted and those who took an equity line faced trouble. Nowadays, the mortgage market is held to strict standards, yet no one can predict the future economic condition of any buyer.
Life has it's challenges.

Half of the homes sold at Reflection Lakes were either short sales or foreclosures, and they average 2 sales a month so far this year.

Approximately half of the homes for sale are condos, and Naples has had a glut of condos for sale, so they have competition. In addition, the HOA fees can be somewhat high, and the community is several miles east of 951/Collier Blvd on 41 heading towards Everglades City, a bit further from downtown and beaches.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Yours,
Mary Horesco
Downing-Frye Realty, Inc.
239-293-9434
"Voted #1 by Naples Daily News Readers 10 Years in a Row!"
Suz, is this going to be a cash purchase or are you seeking a mortgage? Many communities may not qualify for lending so we need to establish this first. I have not sold in Reflection Lakes in a while but I have a feeling that it might not qualify for conventional lending for several reasons.
Send me an email if you want more information.

Carmen Badan Foege
239-404-7576
carmen@getnaples.com
as far as communities there are several others i would recommend but would need your specifics as far as activities etc... please contact me and will then give you info on those communities.
all the best,
leann anderson
239-777-1823
the community was built and started right before the bell curve and fall of the market. there were and are alot of short sales and foreclosures do to this.
if i can be of more assistance please fel free to contact me.
all the best,
leann anderson
realtor
direct-239-777-1823
leannNaples@aol.com
I would love to help you find a great community. We have a good number of areas that would suit. Please give me a call or email and let's get together.
Marge Bennett
RE/MAX Realty Group
560-4159
Marge@MargeBennett,com
We have several suggestions for you. Shoot me an email......lets get connected and figure out which community works best for you.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com