Home Buying in 11510>Question Details

Dapo, Home Buyer in Queens, NY

Reduction of property tax???

Asked by Dapo, Queens, NY Fri Feb 26, 2010

Are there ways to reduce the property tax on the house am buying? The tax on the house am buying is about $11,000 and its in North Baldwin. Please help

Help the community by answering this question:


Anna M Brocco’s answer
Your agent can provide additional information--you can file an assessment appeal on line- http://-www.nassaucountyny.gov/arc do keep in mind that by filing an appeal does not necessarily mean you'll get a reduction.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 26, 2010
First thing is to make sure that you apply for the STAR program which typically should save you approximately $1100 on the school portion of your real estate taxes. The next thing to do is to challenge the assessed valuation of your home by applying on line at the Nassau County Tax Assessor's office. You are probably being overassessed at least $100,000 possibly more. If you are not comfortable challenging the assessment yourself you can always hire a property tax reduction service or attorney such as Fred Perry, who specializes in this. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 26, 2010
The homeowner has to apply for the 2011/2012 tax reduction
by March 1, 2010. They can submit the form online.

And if they did apply for a reduction, they have to prove it by
providing you with an application number.

Good Luck,
Camille Dandola
Charles Rutenberg Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 26, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer