Home Buying in Sarasota>Question Details

Patty, Home Buyer in Cincinnati, OH

Recommend condos in the Sarasota area that would be quiet between the units, have a direct view of the bay, well maintained and potential to rent.

Asked by Patty, Cincinnati, OH Mon Feb 4, 2013

This would be a place that we would potentially want to live in full time eventually. It must also allow small dogs.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://=www.trulia.com/property/3006760078-1100-Imperial-Dr-405-Sar… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/property/3006760078-1100-Imperial-Dr-4…

Answers

10
I am not a realtor. I live in a downtown condo on the bay and looked at almost all similar condos before I bought. Our condo, and all I looked at, allowed at least one small dog. The Renaissance and Condo on the Bay are not the only ones. If you find a condo you like, check Into it before you rule it out. Dont listen to just one person who may not have the right information.
Patty, With regard to condo buildings in downtown Sarasota with a view of the bay and pet policies. Most priced $500,000 and under do not allow pets. The exception is the Renaissance and 988 Condo on the Bay. These have limits on size and number / type of pets.

Condos priced near 1 million and over allow 2 large pets.

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc.
941.313.1234
http://www.brockrealty-inc.com
Hello there
there are lots of area that fit your question, however price will determine your options
what price range are you looking into so I can help narrpw down your options, also how big of a condo, bedrooms, do you have pets? for sometimes pet restrictionsare a factor, do you like a townhowne vs. a villavs. a condo
lots of more questions in order to properly assist you
Call me and we can discuss your options
David
The Leventhal Team
http://www.theleventhalteam.com
Hello Patty,
Thank you for your inquiry. Sarasota is one of those special places and has been designated one of the top ten cities to live according to Yahoo Financial News. Having lived here the better part of 30 years I believe Sarasota to be a slice of paradise, particularly the downtown area. The information pertaining to you dogs is vital in finding the perfect location for you, however some additional information is needed such as number of bedrooms/baths to accommodate your family's needs. Price range as well helps in order to fine tune your search. I wish you all the best and hope I can assist you with finding the perfect Florida vacation residence.
Lee Rugh~
Michael Saunders & Company
941.320.0677 Direct
leerugh@michaelsaunders.com
Hi Patty,

There is so much to making good purchase that goes beyond price and location that the services of a full time knowledgable local agent can provide.

You have chosen a good time in which to persue a purchase....prices are still fairly low, eventhough our market is changing rapidly and present inventory is becoming more scarce. There are still opportunities out there for a motivated buyer such as yourself.

There are many great locations in the Sarasota area that appeal to both full and part time residents that can be explored. The right property is here waiting for you....it's a matter of locating it. We are available to answer your questions and provide you with good options. Call at any time.

Bill Eckler
941-408-5363
Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
Top Producer, 5 Star Agent, GRI
Keep in mind that most condo developments have limitations on rentals. Some are 2 tenants per year, others are 3 and many have application forms for tenants to be approved and they do background checks. You mentioned that it must allow small dogs. Do you have more than one dog. Some only allow 1 dog under 25 pounds. You will need to make sure you get a copy of the rules and regulations for any community that you are interested in to see if it meets your rental and pet requirements. You can search for condo communities on our company web site. It gives descriptions and listings for several communities. http://www.greenlionrealty.com/

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
Keep in mind that most condo developments have limitations on rentals. Some are 2 tenants per year, others are 3 and many have application forms for tenants to be approved and they do background checks. You mentioned that it must allow small dogs. Do you have more than one dog. Some only allow 1 dog under 25 pounds. You will need to make sure you get a copy of the rules and regulations for any community that you are interested in to see if it meets your rental and pet requirements. You can search for condo communities on our company web site. It gives descriptions and listings for several communities. http://www.GreenLionRealty.com.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
Patty,
As an agent specializing in waterfront properties from Siesta to Longboat, I have vast knowledge in this segment. An Ohio native myself, I have many happy clients from Cincinnati. I would love to discuss the different opportunities available that would best fit your needs. When you have time, send me an email or give me a call to discuss our market in detail.
Rudy Dudon
Michale Saunders & Company
941-234-3991
Rudy@RudyDudon.com
Hi Patty, I am from Cincinnati as well. There are many condos which fit your description on Siesta Key as well as Longboat and Lido. I am a mortgage lender who specializes in financing Vacation Home/ Rentals and would love to help you find the right realtor to work with. Call me and I can help you zero in on a good agent depending on your needs. 941-441-8882
Hi Patty,

I'm sure you will get may opinions from well intentioned people on their personal preferences. In Sarasota, there are many, many condo complexes that might fit the bill. If you are not currently working with an agent, I strongly recommend that you find one to help guide you through all the pros and cons of every condo complex on the bay in Sarasota that accepts small dogs. It's a long learning curve and only you, can decide in the end what makes the best fit. An agent would need to ask you many questions before making suggestions and forming opinions. In most cases, the newer condo complexes will have the most up to date building codes thus reducing noise between units, but newer construction tends to come with higher price tags. Wether it's me or someone else, please engage the services of an experienced agent who is located in the area of interest to help you.

My best,
Terri

Teresa M. Fellows
Broker/Associate
ERA Waterside Realty
941-350-4297
tmf4257@mac.com
I guess I did not put enough info in my original question...we would want 2 beds, 2 baths and probably at least 1000 sq ft. a garage space. We have 2 cockapoos about 15 lbs each and would look to be around $250-300K with as much privacy that is possible for a condo! Any suggestions? I know at some point we would have to get some assistance. thank you.
Flag Mon Feb 4, 2013