Beatlelovr, Home Buyer in Hamilton, NJ

Rec your Real Estate office? I'm a relocating Realtor.

Asked by Beatlelovr, Hamilton, NJ Sat Aug 22, 2009

Hello, I'm relocating to the area due to my job which is a bit north of Pennington. I've been a Realtor for a few years now but mostly as a side endeavor. I hope to hang my license with an agency in the area that
- is ok with my part-time status. I don't have a foothold currently but plan to stay in the area for quite a while and build referral business.
- has a nice office atmosphere - agents that are helfpul, friendly, not cut-throat
- Excellent, knowledgeable & ethical offfice manager/broker is a MUST!
- Hopewell, Lawrenceville & Rte.31 area would be ideal. I have seen a Weidel along the way to work.

I know a lot of real estate agents post here, so I thought I could count on honest feedback - you can always post anonymously! Thanks in advance for your input.

Answers

2
Paul Camuto’s answer
Please contact me. I am a part-time agent as well and was looking for the same qualities in a broker as you are a couple months ago. Lets talk specifics.

Paul Camuto - Weichert Real Estate Agent
pcamuto@optonline.net
732-309-0727
http://www.facebook.com/pcamuto
Beatlelovr: There are all the usual national players in the area. Each has it's own unique "style" and corporate slant. In the end, they all sell real estate. There are also several strictly local firms, some of whom dominate a portion of the market.

Each office is a composition of agents, some friendly, some not, so fitting in, even in a national franchise, can be very different, office to office.

I've worked in several different offices over the years but I am completely happy with Keller Williams and would not leave. To be honest, others have not always felt it that way but the office does have a lot of people who have stayed around for a long time.

I suggest you talk to a few managers and see how their office works and how that manager will treat you, given your situation. When I started, I had a manger that absolutely refused to deal with me, as a part timer. Another manager at another office of the same chain was completely happy to work with me. I still think that she is one of the best but, again, others don't warm up to a specific personality type, hers included.

My present manager is Pete LaBriola and you will be hard pressed to find a better guy.

Lots of luck.

Bill Holt