Tricia, Home Buyer in Fort Myers, FL

Realtor was to protect my interest, no legal contract for work done, not even started when I arrived. Costs Me a ton. Want to know my rights

Asked by Tricia, Fort Myers, FL Tue May 22, 2012

Answers

13
Open and loaded question.... what was the realtor paid for?????? nothing in writing? sounds like a tub of hogwash without anything in writing... If a realtor or broker took money from you that should be easy to prove and therefore somebody is taking a bath i that hogwash tub soon enough. I think all too often people assume what their realtor is supposed to do for them is in fact not what they do at all.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 5, 2014
You have the right to remain silent, you have the right to an attorney. What did you pay the realtor to do?

Realtors are not indentured servants.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 22, 2012
Your question isn't specific so we really don't have enough information to answer you.
Hey Tricia,
If you are referring to work being done on a home/condo after you have purchased it then that would be a separate deal from the actual purchase arrangement on the home. I would imagine there are lots of Realtors out there that are acting as property managers. Your only recourse would be to seek the advice of an attorney regarding the possibility of a civil suit. How much more money are you willing to spend on a "maybe settlement" with the realtor's E&O insurance company. Hope you are able to sort things out.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2011" by Gulfshore Life Magazine
Email: sarahgarrett@argfl.com
Web Access to MLS:
I just love how buyers / sellers / tire kickers ask questions on Trulia with very little information. Then we (Realtors) give responses and there is no additional information posted by the question asker to clarify anything. I am not sure what the purpose is if not to just vent.
Tricia,
Contact the Broker and then an attorney. As realtors we are not equipped to give legal advice.
Good Luck. Hope your problem gets resolved.
If you want to know your rights......call an attorney

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com
I agree with Ryan, talk with the agent, the broker and then an attorney. I can recommend a couple if you need a name.
Tricia, unfortunately, as others mention, there is just not enough info here to even figure out what you mean. You could discuss this issue with the broker in charge of your agent's office, or find a good, local attorney and explore your options.
Best wishes, Jim
Not enough info given. I would agree that you will need to consult with an attorney.

Best of luck,
Nancy
Not sure what you are saying. Iconsult a lawyer in any event
I agree, legal advise would be necessary.
You haven't given enough detail to answer the question. However, that may be a good thing because we are not allowed to give legal advice. You probably should seek legal counsel if you feel you've been wronged out of a lot of money.
Web Reference: http://www.joesansone.com