Home Buying in Des Moines>Question Details

Jessmeñmi…, Home Buyer in Des Moines, IA

Really needing help

Asked by Jessmeñmiñes Standlee, Des Moines, IA Sun Mar 24, 2013

Please all answers needed ...ive went into buying a house with my boyfriend which I was alittle eary about in the first place...weve been in the house for 8 months with both of our names on it and due to how he treats me and everything going down hill with him, I need out and I find that the only reason why im sticking around is my name on this house? Is there anything I can do, or talk to the bank I financed through ..desperately searching for answers

Answers

6
Jess:

Call the Polk County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project if you don't think you can afford to hire a lawyer.

You need to call a lawyer to help you with this problem. If he can't buy you out (or won't) and you can't buy him out (or he may refuse), then you will need to bring an action to fix this mess.

Let this be a lesson to anyone that thinks about doing such a thing that you are walking into a mine field. Big problems are the rule.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 25, 2013
Hello Jesse

If I were in your position I would suggest a two prong approach. consult with attorney regarding your property and relationship counseling. Your safety is paramount.
See an attorney immediately. The first 30 minutes is usually free. Don't set up housekeeping with anyone who won't marry you...and wait until after the ceremony.
Jess, "due to how he treats me" makes me worry for your safety. Your safety is more important than money. Move out, and then talk to a lawyer to try to get the home sold. Yes, you'll probably be out some money. But better to lose money than to put yourself in harms way.
As REALTORS we really can't give you any legal advice. You will need to speak with an attorney to get all this resolved.
Consult with an attorney and proceed accordingly.