Home Buying in Poughkeepsie>Question Details

Kitri485, Home Buyer in Poughkeepsie, NY

Really bad credit...

Asked by Kitri485, Poughkeepsie, NY Sat Aug 10, 2013

my credit is really really bad...my fiancés is ok...is there any way we can get first home loan?

Answers

7
rent with option to buy, private lenders, or co-sign partners.
they charge a fee, but are willing to help, until your credit get repaired.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 21, 2013
Call us, Kitri. We promise we can help.
Maybe focusing on improving your credit score is a wiser move than buying a home. Rent for a while and address the factors in your life that led to the poor credit score.

When you rent the amount you pay per month is already determined and advertised. Your bad credit might mean they won't rent to you but often if you avoid apartment complexes and rent directly from an owner they will overlook or not even pull your credit.

When you buy the amount you pay is actually a factor of your credit score. Bad credit? You'll pay a higher interest rate. I'd work on fixing your credit score and personal finances so that you no longer are a credit risk. Then go searching for a home.
My fiance is a stay at home dad so it would have to be my income...as a first time buyer would there be opportunities for grants despite my terrible credit score? I know what it is, just dont want to make it public
You would have to use YOUR credit, if you plan on including YOUR income; have to do both or neither.
Will her credit & income support the loan?
Hello - Depending on your fiancé's credit you may be able to get a loan based only on that credit and income. We can point you to a great mortgage professional in the area here if you would like. Give a call or email any time.
<>< Jim & Cas
Sometimes, like you, people describe their credit in very broad terms. Your best bet is to meet with a mortgage professional for an accurate assessment of your situation.