Home Buying in Rochester>Question Details

Leigh Ann, Home Buyer in 14526

Real estate agent in Rochester, NY who is knowledgable about short sales and foreclusures

Asked by Leigh Ann, 14526 Sun Nov 21, 2010

I would like to get in touch with a Real Estate agent in Rochester NY who is knowledgable about purchasing a home that is in foreclosure or that is a short sale.

Answers

5
This is most likely very late for Leigh Ann; and I see many good answers here. However, I get these questions all the time. My name is Bob Hibbard SFR, Certified in Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource by the NAR; I’m with Nothnagle Realtors in Rochester, NY. I was in one of the very first groups of local Realtors to achieve this designation and I have a background in finance and Real Estate investing in both retail & wholesale. As most Realtors know this area of Real Estate is constantly changing and can be very complicated. As you may be aware of with the current problems banks are encountering with Foreclosures (proving title, etc.), many are much more willing to move their inventory of homes via Short Sales than before. However it is critical that you work with an experienced Realtor who specializes in this area to get them closed as timely as possible. This can be a complicated transaction, but done correctly they can be a good buy. Here is a short version of the process. First you must have a motivated Seller who is willing to cooperate and do all that is required by the bank in a very timely fashion, if not, don’t bother. Then the Agent must know how to price the property correctly, it’s a balancing act to do the best we can for our Clients and still be credible with the lenders! Let’s be real, if a buyer can’t get a discount why even bother with a Short Sale? From there you must have a preapproved, and educated Buyer going into the deal, who is willing to see the process through. Next, the Agent must know or learn very quickly the lender’s process and procedures intimately and turn in all the required paperwork, with all the I’s dotted and T’s crossed ASAP. Do this; use a good attorney as a team member and they can be a great way to buy a home with instant equity or a great deal for investors! I hope this helps. Learn more on my site or contact me.
Email: Bob@BobHibbard.com, : http://WWW.BobHibbard.com Ph: 585-671-1710.
Web Reference: http://www.BobHibbard.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 8, 2011
Leigh Ann,
I am not sure if you are still looking for a home. I would just like to offer my services to you. I am a Realtor with Re/max Plus and am an agent that concentrates a lot on foreclosures. I have access to a ton of listings that might be of interest to you. If you are still looking for real estate in the Rochester New York area feel free to call me anytime.
You can reach me directly at: 585- 279-8217
My email is: sal@salafiasoldteam.com If you choose to email me please let me know where you are looking and I will send you some listings that match what you are looking for!
Also feel free to check out our website: http://www.RochesterHomeLocator.com (this site is really easy to navigate and is a great place to search for homes and has lots of pictures of each listing! )
Hi Leigh Ann,
I am a Real Estate Agent with Nothnagle Realtors in Rochester NY. As an Agent and Investor I have taken an interest in purchasing foreclosure properties. I have found it easier to purchase a home that has already gone into foreclosure and the bank is ready to sell. Some Financial Institutions are easier to work with on Short Sales than others. The key is to know which banks are on the ball with getting approvals for short sales and finding the short sale properties that are financed with those Financial Inst. or going straight for the foreclosed property. There are a lot of differrent ways to purchase these types of proerties and you need to be willing to invest some time in research or hire an Agent that is familiar with the process. I have purchased a Foreclosure myself and have gotten a short sale approved in as little as 2 weeks. Maybe it was luck or maybe it was knowledge, either way, if you would like some assistance please feel free to contact me.
Linda Taddonio, Sales Agent
Nothnagle Realtors
Hello Leigh
My name is Donna Cornell and work at ReMax Plus in Rochester , NY I would be happy to answer any questions with regards to foreclosure or short sales. In a lot of these situations you will be waiting on a answer from the banks and could take as long as 6 months or longer to purchase. So if you have the time to wait then great if not there are alot of regular homes for sale offering lots of incentives like seller concessions and maybe they are desperate to sell were you are not waiting for a bank approval.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 21, 2010
Why not consider contacting a few different realty offices, and interviewing in person a couple of local agents, or as many as needed, and then choose the one you like best. You can also locate local agents under the find a pro tab. While shopping for short sales and foreclosures, keep in mind not to overlook some traditional sales, as some may turn out to be much better bargaings