Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

aslichristy, Other/Just Looking in Irvine, CA

Real Estate licencing.

Asked by aslichristy, Irvine, CA Wed Oct 9, 2013

I am interested in getting real estate licence and after that hopefully to be a broker . The government page said I need the licence first . Can someone tell me what I need to do? I tried to see it on government page but the link is broken.

Help the community by answering this question:


I'd recommend visiting http://www.alliedschools.com and looking at their curriculum. It has also requirements needed by BRE on the site. Best of luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 19, 2013
Go to the Web Page for the California RE state licensing board. http://www.dre.ca.gov/ they will give you an outline. Call the Board if you have any questions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
You need to take a real estate principles class. After that you can pay a fee and take the test. I went to the local Jr. College but there is a ton of classes on line.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 10, 2013
Getting a real estate license will gives a lot of great new opportunities. It’s essential to obtain a real estate license before you can earn money selling real estate. Take a suggestion from authority http://tonipatillo.com/about-us-2/the-associates-bios/

Follow the following steps to obtain a license.

• Contact your state real estate authority to resolve the eligibility requirements for getting a real estate license.
• Finish a real estate course as required by your state real estate authority.
• Apply to register for a real estate license examination with your state real estate authority.
• Pass the real estate licensing examination.
• Fill out the application for a real estate license after you pass the examination.
Web Reference: http://dre.ca.gov/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 9, 2013
Go to the DRE website and it will give you all the information you should need. Here is the link:

0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 9, 2013
There are a series of courses that are required., some of them are available at Jr. College and there are also course you can take a specialized Real Estate Schools. There are a group of Textbooks that you will need to study from as well. All the information is available at the California Department of Real Estate online.
After you complete the courses, you will be tested on the material. If you pass, you will then obtain your license. For a Broker License there is an experience requirement as well as further education and testing.
Getting your RE license is just step #1 in learning the business. You need training and guidance for some time after you start. so finding the right Broker to work under once you are licensed is vital.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 9, 2013
Attached is government site for becoming a Broker:
You can take course on-line, junior college or Real Estate Schools.
Focus on goal:
- to start own company
- participate in sales and have a team of sales persons
- broker with team of sales people
- only participate in sale
Hopefully this helps

Gail Mercedes Cole
EXP Realty Marina del Rey
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 9, 2013
Keller Williams Realty is a great place to begin your career. They can help you with license requirements and classes to prepare you for the state exam. Is Irvine where you will be working?
Clint Lohr, Keller Williams World Media Center.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 9, 2013
My office has classes Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. You could probably do this online, too. I took my required courses at a local college. TRY http://www.kapre.com/real-estate-courses/california/
I think you are in IRVINE, so call a local company and they can help. I strongly recommend calling a Keller Williams agency.
Best of luck! Not easy but rewarding...

Eileen Lanza, Realtor
BRE 01393915
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 9, 2013
Thank you!
Flag Wed Oct 9, 2013
You need to take real estate classes and then pass the state exams. It can take several months to do this...maybe even 6 months or more depending on how much time you have to dedicate to it. I would Google "real estate schools" in your area. Or maybe some agents on here can point you to a good program.

You may want to sit down with a couple of agents and find out what's really involved in starting out. It's not easy and takes years to build your business. And it's not cheap either. You have to pay brokerage fees, MLS fees, realtor association fees, errors & omissions insurance...then more if you pay for advertising, signage, websites, marketing materials, etc.

I suggest people get their license and then work for an experienced agent as an assistant first.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 9, 2013
Thank you!!
Flag Wed Oct 9, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer