Home Buying in Sutton Place>Question Details

Kirsten, Home Buyer in 10038

Re: 60 Sutton Pl S #6MN, New York NY 10022. It's stunning but "contract signed." How can I find out if there are any other units for

Asked by Kirsten, 10038 Wed Jan 20, 2010

sale in building that look similar to this? I saw another unit listed in that building and it looked terrible, not like this one at all.

Answers

4
Hi Kirsten,

Unit 6MN is a really nice looking apartment, but like you said it has a signed contract. Unfortunately apartment just a floor above 7MN is also under contract.
There are two other units, similar size slightly larger at 900sf which are temporary off the market and I'll be happy to speak to both brokers to see if they are coming back on.

As for the finishes in apartment 6MN, you can do the same or even better. This will of course depend if you are looking for a turnkey apartment or something which you can update with your personal touch.

Are you interested in this specific building or Sutton Area in general?

~Alen
The other agents provide great advice, but I also recommend that you contact the agent of this "contract signed" property and let them know that if anything goes awry, you are interested and want to be contacted immediately.

My husband and I own a home that was purchased under just those circumstances--the contract fell apart, and we swooped in and bought for an excellent price.

Karla Harby
Vice President
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Charles Rutenberg Realty, LLC
127 East 56th Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10022
(212) 688-1000 ext. 383
(917) 365-0876 cell and text messages
(212) 688-1919 fax
kharby@rutenbergrealtyny.com
http://www.rutenbergrealtyny.com/agent_details.aspx?agentid=51888
Kirsten: There are 3 other apts for sale in this building right now that are exactly the same in space/floorplan. I don't know which one you looked at but when you just look online its often misleading to see the same potential because of just the color of the walls or the current owners furnishings. If I had a few dollars for every time I've said "gee, this place is much nicer than the pictures", I'd be rich. Two of the other apts which are comparable are priced higher than 6MN and one is priced lower. If you would like to talk about which one you saw online and whether you would like to see the other available places, please call me and I'd be happy to discuss this with you. There also may be a purchasing requirement in this building that could make it difficult for you to buy here. This I would also explain to you and could help you find something more suitable if necessary. When you work with a broker who is looking out for you and your needs you can reduce the time you will waste seeing things which have hidden glitches or may not even be on the market anymore. I'm here if you're interested in having someone on your side.

Nancy Brennan
The Corcoran Group
917-568-7701
Hi Kirsten: Yes there are other units available in this building, but most are larger and more expensive.
I am a NYC buyer's agent and I found this through my database that many New York agents have, On Line
Residential. I am happy to give you more specific information if you are interested. Good Luck!
Sylvia Hueston
shueston@crrnyc.com
Charles Rutenberg Realty NYC