Home Buying in Frankford>Question Details

Fsbo, Other/Just Looking in Frankford, Philadelp...

R/E people fudge the age of properties all the time. Dispicable.

Asked by Fsbo, Frankford, Philadelphia, PA Tue May 22, 2012

Answers

6
What a highly inaccurate statement. The municipality lists when homes were built. If a home had an almost complete renovation the city looks at the permits and enters the home as a new build. Maybe this is what your concern is. Seeing your name is fsbo (for sale by owner) are you looking to make agents look bad? Or are you mad that Trulia doesn't let FSBO's advertise there properties here? And by the way did you know Agents get on average 10 to 15% more for a home than a FSBO?
I've just check the public record in Philadelphia County which does not list the age of a house (improvement) since any building (improvement) can be built at any time the age either comes from the owner or is an approximation made by a human being based on the buildings around it. Since you are a For sale by owner just how old is your building and how did you come up with that age? Please keep in mind that Frankford was not always part of the City of Philadelphia it at one time was a Borough in the County of Philadelphia. So just how old is Frankford? Mr FSBO before you point any fingers you should check out your facts.

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
REALTOR,E-pro
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
215-725-5700 X49
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com
The age can be wrong in the court house, which is what agents use to put the information in the MLS. I have not seen agents putting incorrect ages of homes in as a deliberate act. However, there may be some agents that do not do any investigation work and may make errors. However, that is not the norm, so I don't think saying R/E agents do it all the time is an accurate statement.
Hello FSBO,
I'm in agreement with the other agents here regarding the age of properties. It's pulled from the tax or county records which the MLS systems automatically inputs into the listing. Agents don't have the capability to fill in that field.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Good Evening Mr or MS Fsbo-
Vicky is correct... If the Public tax records are inaccurate, due to poor recording from file clerks or false data delivered to the county seat courthouse then... we as Licensed Realtors® can only work off the twp inspectors , information that gets filed appropriately recorded by clerks, engineers, architects, and county officials.
If you as a”For Sale By Owner” have doubts…you can schedule Surveys and other means of cross-referencing data for confirmations of accurate info.
We can always take advice from the late great Carnegie + he Quoted”
“ that opinions are the CHEAPEST commodities IN THE WORLD because EVERYONE HAS A MILLION OF THEM”
I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN YOUR DUE DILIGANCE FOR RESEARCH ON PROPER RECORDING OR YOU CAN ALWAYS CARBIN TEST THE ITEM TOO?

All the Best John Curci- RE/Max Properties Ltd 215-757-2889

Servicing Philly and Bucks over 17 years + Selling HOMES 1 YARD at a TIME
Not sure how that works where you are, but for my listings, the info pulls directly from the tax record, which is generally pretty much right on and based on the year that the certificate of occupancy was originally issued.... So I would have a hard time "fudging" this information.