Danny, Home Buyer in Pelham, NY

RELOCATING TO NORTH CAROLINA COAST..... Please help!

Asked by Danny, Pelham, NY Sun Feb 21, 2010

My wife and I are looking to re-locate to coastal NC area (within an hour of an airport for my employment) for quite some time. We have been searching for an upscale golf or waterfront community that is prestige and exclusive (NO townhouses and rentals!).

A relative of mine just moved to Mooresville, NC (Lake Norman) in a community called "The Point " it is absolutely beautiful . The community is gorgeous, every house is magazine worthy and the surrounding area is clean, attractive and active. Your probably asking why we don't move there? We LOVE the coast!

We are searching for a beautiful small town, close to the coast with great schools and luxury housing. Does such a place exist? We are looking in the 4-650K price range.

Answers

9
I responded to this question for assistance in February. Have you decided on the specific area? As I previously stated Ocean Ridge will meet your needs.
Danny sounds like you are looking for something that Pine Knoll Shores, NC (Souther Outer Banks) may have to offer. It is located on Bogue Banks, has a golf course, very quiet and leisure atmosphere, private sound front parks, boat ramps and beach access. Located 45 mins. from New Bern, NC airport which has air service by US Air and Delta airlines. Pine Knoll Shores has a number of homes within the price range you are looking and some are even waterfront/canal front which allows you to have a boat at your back door.

For more info and homes info contact me, Jim Willis, Century 21 Down East Realty, Beaufort, NC, phone (252) 241-1986 or jimw@c21newsomball.com.
Hi Danny. It sounds like you are talking about Wilmington, NC, my hometown! The schools are great and we have several beautiful golf communities that are just minutes from the beaches (yep, that's beaches with an "s") and the ILM Airport. You would also be a few minutes away from the historic downtown riverfront area, full of restaurants and sightseeing. Not to mention, you would only be 1 hour away from Myrtle Beach, SC. We also have one of the main highway arteries in the US. I-40 runs from the Atlantic to the Pacific and connects to I-95 in 1.5 hours. This makes family travel an adventure of options.

Send me your information and I will get you the materials you need to make a decision.

Best wishes,
Eddie Lewis, REALTOR
Braxton Realty, LLC
(910) 233-9839
AgentEddieLewis@gmail.com
Yes there are a number of such communities along the coast of NC and SC. Holden Beach, Ocean Isle Beach, Sunset Beach, Calabash, Carolina Shores, IN NC, and In South, Little River, Longs, Cherry Grove Beach, North Myrtle BeaCH, Myrtle Beach just to name a few. You can have both waterfront and Golf in the same community. I will be happy to send you more info
I hope you find what you are looking for. We relocated to the Point in 2004 and now I am helping people relocate to the Brawley Peninsula area and hopefully The Point. Your description was how we felt 6 years ago and it is still true today, although we do miss the coast and fresh seafood we still wouldn't trade. Good Luck in your search, somebody on these boards will help you find that community if it's out there.
Web Reference: http://www.brawleylive.com
If you want upscale, you cannot do any better than Ocean Ridge Golf Community. It is located equi-distance from Myrtle Beach and Wilmington airport. It is a wooded, naturally landscaped gated community. There are properties within your price range as well as million plus properties. No other community like it except for The Thistle but that is priced much higher...it is also gated. Beaches are wonderful in the area.If you would like for me to send you current listing email me at linda.hinson@coldwellbanker.com or you can search on my website without registering at http://www.LindaHinsonCarolinaBeachesRealEstate.com. You can also view pictures of the Sunset Beach, Ocean Isle Beach area on my Facebook page just search LindaMedlinHinson and click on photos.
I think you should consider some of the communities that are on the Southern Border along route 17. Sunset Beach and Calabash have some wonderful upscale golf communities.

You are within an hour of the Wilmington Airport and within 20 minutes of the smaller Myrtle Beach airport.

Carolina Shores - is one of my favorite communities there. Look it up!

Good luck in your search... shoot me an e-mail with questions!

Gerry Dunn
gerry@mypotomac.com
Hi Danny,

I am a local agent, and I can tell you that we do have such places along the coast. I am located in North East North Carolina, just south of Hampton Roads. You will find that we have all that you are looking for, major transportation within 25-50 miles, depending on where you are. Beautiful homes in golf communities, shopping, and great local schools. If you would like more information about the area and all that it has to offer, please, give me a call.

Best wishes,
Eva Foster
Re/Max Coastal Realty
252-619-0879
You are at the right web site to get help. You can do an agent search for your area and the search will give you contact info for the agent or agents you choose. As with all business deals, they go better with someone you can communicate with. I suggest that you do a telephone interview as a step in selecting your agent.