Home Buying in Quincy>Question Details

capenewfs, Home Buyer in Brewster, MA

Quincy is the epicenter of the Puppy Doe case, are any parts of Quincy safe for children and pets?

Asked by capenewfs, Brewster, MA Tue Oct 22, 2013

Answers

9
Never judge a town/city by one incident whether it be a good one, or in this case, a horrific case of animal abuse. If crime is a concern, as it should be, check with the Quincy police or find one of the many online portals that discuss crime stats. Unfortunately, in this day and age, we are never truly safe wherever we are. Talk to people who live or work in the town as they are your greatest resource in judging the true character of a town.

Lenny Harris
The person who did this was not a Quincy resident! It happened in Quincy to a Quincy dog but the perpetrator was from another town. This could happen anywhere! From what I heard the person who did it worked in Quincy. Quincy is a great city amd there are lots of great neighborhoods. Three redline stations and so close to Boston it does t get better than that!
Absolutely! Get in touch with me for a myriad of reasons why Quincy is a great choice
Your best bet is to go to the Quincy police station and ask for a crime report and or the crime stats for the area of quincy you are interested in.
Drive around and meet people.
Ask those who live there.
Interview the school professionals, coaches, etc.
Park in a neighborhood and see who notices you sitting there in your car.
Walk and talk.

Of course choosing a local real estate pro can help you save a lot of time.
(Not me, I'm on the Cape, but I can help you choose a local pro when you are ready.)

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
If you have followed that case, the suspect was not a Quincy resident but a hired personal care giver for an elderly woman who lived in Quincy. I would not let that terrible incident prejudice your view of this great city.
Amen
Flag Sat Feb 22, 2014
That is a good question that unfortunately realtors can not legally answer but you can get more information online, try https://www.crimereports.com/ and also the Quincy police to get more information.
Web Reference: http://wenrealty.com
We all live in an increasingly violent world whether because the media brings it to our attention more to day then when "we were children", or because it is. Every city and town has its problems and I personally would not let my dog out without a leash no matter where I lived and I would also keep a good Eye on my children and that includes Teens! Personal responsibility is the key.
Contact the police department for crime statistics. There are some really nice neighborhoods in Quincy. Please feel free to contact me. I would be happy to help with your home search at no cost to you. 781-363-0485.