Home Buying in Punta Gorda>Question Details

nayred, Home Buyer in Punta Gorda, FL

Questions on Bermont Road PG, is it all country land for sale. Is the area rural and commercial zoned, how is crime there? Did Charlie flood the area?

Asked by nayred, Punta Gorda, FL Tue Jul 30, 2013

Any good or bad infor on the Bermont Road area I would appreciate thank you in advance.

Answers

6
My family and I like to buy land on Bermont Road and build a house, and have a few chickens and fruit trees, and veg plants. We are a family of 5 husband wife and 12 yr old, 8 yr old daughters and son 2 yrs old, they will be going to Christian schools. Looking at the land last week we were there for 4 days, we will probably want to pay and have the land raised up a little higher. We just want to live simple and happy in your town Punta Gorda Fl.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 31, 2013
The Bermont Rd area is in the X flood zone, which does not require flood insurance if obtaining a mortgage. There is a mixture of types of properties along the Bermont Rd area. Some are mobile homes, older homes and some are large properties on a lot of land. You can use Google Maps to view up and down the roads and the aerial view of the area. For crime statistics you can go to the Charlotte County Sheriffs Department web site http://ccso.org/

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Re/Max Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
http://www.tammyhayes.remax-florida.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 30, 2013
Thank you
Flag Wed Jul 31, 2013
Thank you everyone for your help if you think of anything else to tell me write me at nayred@yahoo.com Nadine
We have lime trees and blueberry bushes! It's a really peaceful area! Please feel free to call me anytime if you would like more info on the area etc!
Hi! My name is Laura Frantz and I'm a Realtor and Rental Agent with Fisherman's Village Realty in Punta Gorda! Also, my husband and I happen to live right off of Bermont Rd! A few answers to your questions... There are a handful of properties ranging in size from a standard lot to 5-10 acres out here that are zoned for residential use. I have not personally experienced any acts of crime, nor have my family who have lived here in this exact area for over 30 years but you should check with the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office for more specific data on crime! Also, the best thing is that we are NOT in a flood zone so no flood insurance is necessary! Please feel free to call me anytime if you need additional information on the area.

Thank you for your questions!

Laura Frantz
Fisherman's Village Realty, LLC
941-916-8148 (Cell)
LKSKREATIVE@GMAIL.COM (Email)
http://www.puntagordahomelife.com (Website)
Thank you
Flag Wed Jul 31, 2013
What are your plans for the land> How much do you need and at what price are you looking? It is rural and different zoning depending on location. What parcel are you interested in? Crime is at a minimum in that area and we had little flooding with Charlie it was more mini tornado clusters that did all the damage. High winds. Email me at swbradley@embarqmail.com and I can answer all your questions. Sharon
Sorry I put my reply on top of the page. To recap we are a family of 5 looking to live on a rural piece of land and have a home and few animals, grow food and kids go to school and college there in PG FL.
Flag Wed Jul 31, 2013