Home Buying in Hershey>Question Details

Ds, Home Buyer in Buffalo, NY

Questions about neighborhoods in Hershey and Hummelstown

Asked by Ds, Buffalo, NY Tue Apr 22, 2008

I am moving to Hershey and am looking at housing neighborhoods. I have seen that the Stone Creek area (Hummelstown 17036) has many houses on sale and at least 8-10 others purchased in the last year. All of these houses are 3-6 years old and appear very nice. Any reasons why this one area has so much turnover. Should I be worried about potentially purchasing here?

Answers

3
Rose Knepp’s answer
Stone Creek is a great neighborhood. I'm a realtor and I also live in that neighborhood. One of the reasons that there are so many homes on the market there is that it is a newer neighborhood and people who move a lot gravitate to newer neighborhoods like that in excellent school districts, and they tend to typically be good resale situations. All of the homes that I have sold in Stone Creek as resales have been company relocation situations. Many of the homes currently on the market in there are the same situation although not all of them. It's a great location - quick drive into Hershey and very easy highway access for people going into Harrisburg or Lancaster.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 22, 2008
Ds,

I'm a mortgage specialist in PA. Please keep in mind I'm not a realtor. I actually graduated from Lower Dauphin which is ajacent to Hershey. Both areas have GREAT schools and from what I've seen when I used to live in the area resales are pretty good. I'm not sure why such the high turnover but both areas have grown ALOT in regards to real estate so possibly selling and upgrading or downgrading could be a reason. I can point you in the direction of a great real estate agent if you need or also if you need help with a mortgage.
Hershey is an excellent area with outstanding school district. Resales are very good, too. I've done quite a few transactions and I am very familiar with the area. Navigate my webstie below. I have a link for School Reports and other info regarding neighborhoods and communities.