Home Buying in Rocky River>Question Details

Kathy, Home Buyer in Strongsville, OH

Question on Rokcy River, Ohio

Asked by Kathy, Strongsville, OH Sun Mar 10, 2013

I am in the process of relocating to the Cleveland area. I am interested in Rocky River, Ohio allthough I have not yet seen the area. I would like a home where I am able to walk to some places such as shops, the lake etc. What areas of Rocky River would be best to consider. Are Beachcliff I and II nice areas of the city that offer these type of conveniences? Are their other areas or cities I should also look at? Thank you!!

Answers

3
We work with those who are relocating to the Cleveland area. We live about 1 mile from Lake Erie. Rocky River is a beautiful city. But, you may want to look at other cities that are nearby. Feel free to contact us.
The beachcliff areas of Rocky River offer much of what you're looking for. Depending on your price range there are other areas along the lakeshore that offer just as much. Lakewood, Bay Village, Downtown Cleveland, Avon Lake just to name a few on the westside and there are more going east. I have had many buyers especially those relocating that are amazed that living along lake is so affordable compared to many other areas.
Indeed, the Beachcliff areas offer the best of Rocky River. They are very near All the local boutiques, pubs and shops. Also, the closest to the beach. Another area to consider is the library area. It's very friendly for families. If you would like to take a tour of the neighborhood I can arrange a day for us to see it.

Tim VanNewhouse
Howard Hanna, Rocky River
Hi Tim: Thank you for your response. I will check out the library area as well. Can you provide any insight as to the differences between rocky river and bay village? I want to look at both but it seems like rocky river has more of the shops, restaurants etc that I am looking for. I am also surprised that rocky river seems to be a bit more expensive. I grew up in Strongsville, although I have not lived in the area for 20 years. Currently I live in the city of Boston (which I love) but looking forward to returning to the midwest, family, lower cost of living. I will be working downtown by the Cleveland Clinic and am looking for a manageable commute which Rocky River seems to offer. The only thing I remember about Rocky River is Around the Corner for wing night during my college years. Looking forward to hearing back from you!!
Flag Sun Mar 10, 2013