Home Buying in Katy>Question Details

Denise Mayo-…, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

Question about lot sizes

Asked by Denise Mayo-walley, Houston, TX Thu Sep 13, 2012

I am looking to purchase a new home in Katy and have a question about the different lot sizes. Obviously a 70' lot is larger than a 65' lot but where is this 5' difference? I want to make sure the difference is worth the $! Thank you!

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Katy

Answers

7
No one can render an opinion till lot is toured. Could be one has a view, closer to amenity center , and etc.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
News Personality On Air Radio Show
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 15, 2012
It sounds like you have already done most of the work in finding the Community, Builder and... I imagine a floorplan. How about a very large commission Rebate for all the work that YOU have already done? Apply it to your closing costs. Check it out: Just Google my first and last name. You can also check out my Client Satisfaction Rating on HAR. Stuart
Hello Denise,

I'm also from the Detroit area. You'll love it out here in the Katy/Houston area. The measurement is the width of the front of the property line. I work with a lot of builders, and Trendmaker is one of the best. Feel to give me a call, and I can answer all your questions, and help you find a home.

Bryan
The lot measurement the builders quote is the measurement across the front of the lot. It is the width of the lot. The measurement from the front to the back of the lot varies. So, in a 70' section lot sizes will be approximately the same across the front, and will vary slightly in how deep they are from front to back.

When purchasing from a builder it is in your best interest to have an advocate, a Realtor, on your side to guide your through the negotiations and complexities of new construction. A Realtor specifically trained in representing buyers in new home sales is best, and one who is an active member of the Greater Houston Builders Association is even better. Review resumes carefully, (easy to do on LinkedIn, and on the TX Real Estate Commission's website), and choose a Realtor who's credentials demonstrate they are a specialist in specific areas of real estate brokerage.

Hope this helps.
I wish you much success!

Veronica
I am looking to purchase a Trendmaker home.
Yes. I am looking in Cinco Ranch where an entire 'subdivision' has similar home sizes and the same lot sizes. Thanks for the response.
Are these lots in the same community with like houses and floor plans? Cannot analize it with out details. Stuart