Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

dgru11, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

Question about employment history and buying a house.

Asked by dgru11, San Antonio, TX Mon Oct 8, 2012

I am a college student, and my husband has been in the work force for about 2 years non-stop. He recently changed jobs to a better, more stable job. Would that affect us when applying for a loan to buy a house? Thank you.

Answers

4

If your husbands job is in the same line of work and he was not changing from say W2 to self-employed you should not have any issues. I would get with a loan officer so they can review your situation and go over all of your options with you.

Best of luck to you,

_______________________________________
Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com | http://www.AustinListed.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 8, 2012
Most lenders require 2 years or more of work experience. If you husband has switched jobs, but has remained in the same field of work, then he should meet the 2-year work requirement. It is best to obtain quotes from at least three different lenders. Make sure to compare not only interest rates, but lenders fees as well.

I recommend Carlo Colantonio at NationStar Mortgage. You can reach him at 210-313-6196 or
210-290-8225. His email is carlo.colantonio@nationstarmail.com.

I would like to offer my professional real estate services to you and your husband. Please call me and we can set up an appointment to meet to go over your home search.

Monica Barrientos-®
210-379-5098
monica@mytxproperties.com
http://www.mytxproperties.com
As long as he is moving up in pay and staying in simular job it should not effect the loan process.

Let me know if you want a referal to a good mortgage company, thast where you should start.

Marty Shields 210-725-9607 marty.shields@realliving.com
The best way to find out is to contact a reputable lender and ask them to pre-qualify you. There is generally no charge for this, and a good lender will also tell you what you need to correct if there are any problems. Feel free to contact me for a list of recommended local lenders.

Doc Stephens, REALTOR
(210) 764-9403