Movingtosanr…, Home Buyer in San Ramon, CA

Question about 8439 Tiger Lily Dr San Ramon CA

Asked by Movingtosanramon, San Ramon, CA Mon May 25, 2009

This is a REO property currrently listed for $614k. I have seen that some other properties in the area (Saturn Park Drive etc) have recently been sold in the region of $227 psqft. This seems to be lesser than than the general psqft rate in other parts of San Ramon (including Windemere and other parts of Gale Ranch) where this number seems to be above $250 (for not too big houses, ie ~2000-2500 sqft range). Any inputs on why this particular area may be going at these low prices? The above mentioned house is a 4/3 with a bedroom downstairs, but does not seem to have formal living room space (other than the first floor bedroom and full bath, there is a formal dining, informal living, kitchen and nook). Would this (lack of formal living area) be a reason for the lower price, assuming this is a feature of other houses in the area that have sold at these lower prices? Also, what would be a recommended offer price/range for this particular house?

Answers

7
Jazz’s answer
Location/lot size/natural light (or lack of it), floor plan (and whether it meets your needs), power lines/towers, views, etc. are some of the other factors to consider.

If homes were like computers, you could compare the Gigahertz and the megabytes and make a choice (until you get to comparing most of the PC junk sold today with Sony and Apple. :)

jazz
The biggest problem with this house is that, it is very close to High Tension line. That whole area is not good as per my point of view. I will not buy a house in that area even for $1, if I plan to live there.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 26, 2009
just google on the effects of high magnetic power rays, the same near this house.
would you risk your and your family's life and health for this house, better look at some other homes may be little higher price but away from high power lines..
Power lines near a house.. big no no .
You can see the high tension wires about 100 yards to the west on Google maps Satellite view. I agree with Andy -- although it doesn't matter to a lot of people, I would not buy a house this close to high tension wires.
Thanks for your input to all those who have replied.

Andy,
Can you elaborate on the High Tension line in that area that you have alluded to below?
Andy, don't kid yourself about not buying it even for a buck! :)
But I hear ya... it's hard to be charmed by the upgraded floors alone.

One has to consider the other factors.

Banks can price it for $500K if they want, and buyers may even rush in if they see a value. Doesn't change any of the other factors.
This is a nice house. I looked at it a year ago before even short sale. It has very nice hardwood floor. I think this house would be gone quickly. Bank listed the lower price to attract more offers. Then bank can pick up the best offer.As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with that area. Plus this house is near middle and high school. A couple of houses was sold recently around $600k in that area because the houses backyard is close to Bollinger canyon road.