Home Buying in Sacramento>Question Details

Chris972ta, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

Question Re Senior Condos in Sacramento Area

Asked by Chris972ta, Sacramento, CA Fri Apr 6, 2012

I am looking to buy my 66 year old mother a condo in the Sacramento area. Here is her wish list. Does anybody know of any developments that might fit her criteria (I live in Palo Alto and don't know that part of the state)?:

1. She wants to live in a condo complex that is for seniors only (55 and up)
2. She would like to be on the west side of Sacramento, or in Davis, or in anything between Sacramento and Davis. (My brother's family lives in Davis. She wants to be within 20 minutes drive of them.) She does not want to be in Roseville or any other area that is more than 20 minutes from Davis.
3. She wants 2 bedrooms, 2 bathroom, and roughly 1200 square feet.
4. I would prefer to pay under $300,000 but would go higher to find a good fit.
5. (Optional) She would prefer new construction, or something built in the last few years. Her concern is that with an older complex, too many "clicks" will have already formed.

Answers

2
Jim Walker’s answer
Here is one:

Heritage Park, 55+ gated retirement community. Club house, indoor/outdoor pools, pub, rec. facilities, tennis courts & parks, in Natomas Park 95835 on the northwest side of the city of Sacramento. Mostly detached homes and some half-plex homes.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
Chris, there is only one age-restricted community in Davis - it is a very small complex - not new but probably not really large enough for "cliques" either. Units have been selling for just over $200,000 but are on the small side (about 1000 square feet).
Davis was recently named one of the best places to retire by Forbes magazine - so although there are not a lot of dedicated "senior" communities - it is fairly sought after for retirees. In Sacramento there is Heritage Park in North Natomas (gated senior community - detached homes) and Sun Meadows also gated also detached homes. Heritage Park would be closer to Davis.