Home Buying in Wayzata>Question Details

Trudi Parker, Home Buyer in California

Question- Lake minnetonka area

Asked by Trudi Parker, California Sat Feb 23, 2008

Hi, in the lake Minnetonka area between Ferndale Rd W, Bohn's point and Harrington Rd. which area is most desirable? will keep their value (given an equivalent lot size). Thank you.

Answers

10
Has anyone noticed that Trudi (the woman who asked the question) asked this question over three years ago?

Has anyone noticed that Trudi never posted another question again?

Has anyone noticed that Trudi lives in California?

It's time to put this one to rest.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 25, 2011
Without question, Ferndale is the most exclusive and therefore most desirable lake shore in the area you are comparing. However, the east facing lake shore on Bohn's is outstanding quality!
Hi Trudi,

I grew up near Bohn's Point, on Maxwell Bay of Lake Minnetonka. The areas you refer to are well established and sought after. Do you have children? School preference, may factor in for you. The web link below will get you to specific home searches for each community around Lake Minnetonka. Simply go to the "Tonka Property" tab. You'll also find a link to each community website. These resources will be helpful. Please contact me with any thoughts and questions you may have.

Kindest Regards,
Steve M. Albers, REALTOR®, ABR®, CDPE©
RE/MAX Results of Wayzata
Stephenson & Albers Real Estate Team
(763) 229-9067 Mobile
Trudi,
You have the 3 truly most sought after areas on Lake Minnetonka. I would say it might come down to what school district and location you prefer. As a life long resident of Wayzata/Lake Minnetonka I think you couldn't go wrong with any of those areas and the appreciation should be similar with any one of them.
Mark Bartikoski
Remax Results
Wayzata, MN
mark@coolshax.com
612.702.8865
Hi Trudi: Since my husband and I live on Lake Minnetonka, we are very familiar with all areas. Let us know what we can help you with. Ruby and Dennis Libby. ruby.libby@results.net
Hello Trudi,

Have you found a home on Lake Minnetonka yet? If not please visit our website. We've sold more homes on Lake Minnetonka 7 years and counting than any other agent. plahomes.com
Web Reference: http://plahomes.com/
There are several areas around Lake Minnetonka that may hold their values better than others and the areas you mentioned happened to be the very best areas on Lake Minnetonka. There will all do extremely well holding and increasing their value moving forward.
The homes with the best (most and best views, water and shore quality, etc) lakeshore will hold their values the best in all of these area, all other things being equal.
Trudi......

Have you seen the areas? Which do you prefer? That's a very nice area and it really is going to come down to your decision. Yes, and values around the lake haven't been hit terribly, but sales have slowed like the rest of the market.

Thanks, Todd Norsted
Web Reference: http://www.toddnorsted.com
Hi Trudi -

Lake Minnetonka is the most desirable area in the Twin Cities. Property values have been holding steady and increased in the last few years. Properties in Orono, Wayzata, Deephaven, Excelsior are all desirable, especially if the home sits on Lake Minnetonka. Architectural styles vary greatly on the lake, as does size of homes. If a home does not have lakefront footage, but is located in these areas, the homes still fetch a good price. I honestly haven't seen anything yet lose value in the Lake Minnetonka area.

I specialize in the area, and have a blog about Minneapolis Luxury Real Estate. Each month I do a market analysis for Lake Minnetonka, which is included as a link below. Feel free to read through the blog posts and see what is selling. I concentrate on homes priced above $1 Million in the posts, but if you have a specific price range below a million, let me know and I will be more than happy to give you an analysis.

I hope this helps, and if you need anything else, please feel free to ask!