Steven, Home Owner in Tampa, FL

Q: How does one begin to search for the owner of an abandoned property; who owns it now? (Ie: Bank)

Asked by Steven, Tampa, FL Sat Jun 22, 2013

Q: How does one begin to search for the owner of an abandoned property, who owns it now (which banking institution) and more importantly, is this house for sale?

I’ve spent a better part of the week looking at: 7835 Summertree Lane, New Port Richey, FL

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Florida/New_Port_Richey/sold/153…

This home is 100% abandoned (I’m sure of it). Unfortunately any identifying ownership information has long washed away in the rain. I can see the remnants of the abandoned property posting, but I’m not able to see any banking or lien holder information.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Steve.

Answers

5
THOMAS E & GINA L BUMBALOUGH are the owners, and there is a foreclosure procedure that has started. Since the foreclosure isn't done, the best thing would be to reach out to the owners, and attempt to have a short sale done.

Send me an email, and I can explain a bit more.

Ann
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 22, 2013
Steven,

Ann and Jason have provided some good starter information. Upon further review, I found there are three noted lenders; WACHOVIA BANK NA, STATE FARM BANK FSB, and WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE INC. There is a foreclosure case and judgment sale date of 1-11-2013 but as stated prior, Thomas E & Gina L Bumbalough are [still] the noted owners.

Steven Zimmerman Realtor ABR GRI
Belloise Tropical Realty
Gulf Harbors Resident-Specialist
The home has been scheduled for foreclosure sale a few times but was cancelled. The current owner is listed at the property appraisers website but lists their address as the property address.
Steven,
I've attached a link to the Hillsborough County Tax Collector site. You can search by address. Assuming the home is abandoned, but not yet bank owned knowing the name of the current owner won't necessarily help you locate them, but it's a start. You may also find out the name of the bank that holds the note on the home and investigate your options with them, but they will likely put it on the market once the foreclosure is finished.
I'd start with tax records and work from there.