Home Buying in Sicklerville>Question Details

Norine, Other/Just Looking in

Prospective first time home owner

Asked by Norine, Sun Jun 24, 2012

I am living in NJ and need assistance in preparation for purchasing a home in 1 year. I have a good credit history, employed for two years and a satisfactory credit debt ratio.

Answers

9
Autumn Urling’s answer
Good Afternon Norine: I am very glad to hear you have taken the 1st intial
step to purchase. I would like to email you a booklet so you are properly
knowledgable of the process. In addition, if you are in need of being pre
qualified, Please do not hesitate to contact First Prestige Mortgage Services, Inc
888-FHA-ROAD or 973-744-8300.
They are successful because they work in excellence.

If you would like to questions, asked to begin your process or information
please email me and provide your contact information.
Respectfully,
Autumn M. Urling
Hi Norine, it sounds like you are in good position to begin the process. You will be well served by an agent that works with first time buyers - she'll guide you through the process. Trulia is a great place to start your search for that agent. I am quite sure you will get many responses to your questions with agents offering their services, My suggestion is to check out their profiles, read client testimonials and also - and perhaps even more importantly, client recommendations/reviews. Agents cannot edit or delete those.

Good luck to you!

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurprassed Results
Hi Norine, I would be happy to come down your way and meet for a consultation at your local Starbucks; to sort of go over the gameplan as to what the next few steps in the process are.

I am a life-long resident of Burlington and Camden Counties and know the greater Sicklerville area well.

Let me know a few times that might work for you and I will set something up with you.

R. Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
856.617.1212 m
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
Hi Norine!

Whatever your personal reason is for waiting a year to buy is just that - your personal reason!

That being said, starting to educate yourself now, about the home buying process, is the right way to go about this.

You might want to interview a few local agents to find someone with whom you feel comfortable and can begin to develop an ongoing relationship.
You should (sounds like you may already have done this) speak to a couple of mortgage reps to make sure you're on track in regard to obtaining a loan down the road.

It's never too soon to start becoming familiar with your local market, and getting a sense of what homes in your price range "look" like. This way, when you're ready to buy you will have a comfort level, and not be uncertain about making that first offer when you find the right home!

Developing a relationship with an agent can help you in this manner, and also prepare you for the actual home buying process..............including what paperwork is involved, what a sales contract looks like (before you're actually asked to sign one!), , attorney review, home inspections,etc.

Become educated and informed..............you will benefit from that when the time comes!!

Best wishes!
Waiting a year to save some more money is good idea... Waiting a year to see if home prices go lower... probably not going to happen. Housing prices are slowing increasing. Although interest rates right now at all time low. You will get more for your money with lower interest rates.

They have threatened increasing rates for over a year, yet they kept going down. They really cant go down any more than they are now.

You should talk with a good mortgage rep. they will prepare your credit worthiness to buy your home. Most of the real estate pros here have relationships with good mortgage reps.

Good luck if you need further info or help feel free to contact me directly.

Find the best Home values in south jersey here. http://www.BuyNJShortSales.com

Larry Sarlo
609-868-1171
lsarlo@comcast.net
http://www.LarrySarlo.com
Hi Norine, buying a home is one of the best things you can do, and as was mentioned, now is a perfect time to purchase. Interest rates are fantastic and if you have a good credit history, you should have no problem finding a home. Being a first time buyer can be overwhelming, but should be exciting as well. I have experience with first time homebuyers, and would love to help you navigate the process. Feel free to contact me directly at nicky.faucett@prufoxroach.com or call my office at 856-222-0077, ext 313. Regardless of which agent you choose, make sure you communicate your needs to them, and make sure they are good communicators as well. That will help ensure that you are looped in along the way,and know exactly what's going on.
H Norine,

I commend you for thinking about home ownership. With a good credity history, two years of employment and satisfactory debit-to-income ratio, what more could you hope for?

I am curious to know why the one year wait as interest rates are at an all time low.

You can contact me at 609.532.3974 so we can discuss a strategy if in fact you want to wait one year.

Beverly Ackles
Medford, NJ
609.654.5656 (office)
609.532.3974 (cell)
http://www.findahomeinburlington.com
http://www.acklesrealtygroup.com
http://www.homehunterz.com
Hi Norine,

I can help you with your preparations during this time. There are many home buyer programs out there that will not only educate you but offer financial assistance as well. I have lenders, inspectors, and contractors that can answer any questions you have.

Let me know if I can be of service to you!

Toni
cell - 856-343-8034
email - sadiq-lexton@comcast.net
So, with a year to go; what help do you need?

You never want to stop improving your credit; it will only get you a better and better interest rate.

Too soon to start looking; all the inventory will be gone by then.

Too soon to start packing.

Never too soon to start saving.

Good luck and may God bless