Donesa Tipgos, Home Buyer in Belmont, CA

Property taxes in Incline NV

Asked by Donesa Tipgos, Belmont, CA Mon Mar 4, 2013

My husband and I are seriously thinking about maybe buying a home in Incline on the NV side. We are curious as to what the property taxes would be (approx) on a $600K home what other charges are applicable in this area when it comes to things like snow removal?

Thank you

Donesa

Answers

6
Thanks for all your great answers.

We are going to Tahoe this Wednesday and Thursday and if we have time we will have a good look around. We are ideally looking for somewhere that we can rent out eithger full time or on a part time basis over the next ten years.

I am not sure whether it is better to buy on the California side for this purpose (I would prefer to retire to the Nevada side for tax reasons) as it is closer to the main ski resorts and summer activities.

Thanks again
Hello Donesa! We are available to show you any properties on Wednesday or Thursday and we work both the NV and CA side of North Lake Tahoe. Please contact us at 775.771.5801 or via email at info@solirealestate.com if you would like to set up some appointments prior to your visit. We give an excellent tour of the area! Hope to hear from you! Team Soli....Bruce and Sandy
Flag Sun Mar 17, 2013
Hello Donesa. I am from the Bay Area originally...in the San Mateo area (love it there too). Buying in NV could give you some significant tax advantages now or in the future as well. My colleagues have given you some information on the property taxes already (below) and it can be quite confusing in Washoe County as they are assessed completely different than in CA and are not based on the sales price. Our MLS data gives you information on each property and their current tax rates so it is easy to see what each property is currently being assessed. There was a recent Tax Revolt up here as well and many home owners are now receiving checks back from taxes paid. Not too shabby! When you are up to visit the are for some X Country skiing we would love the opportunity to educate you on the market and show you any homes that might be of interest. FYI, you can read our reviews on Trulia to see what some of our past clients had to say about our services. Hope to meet you very soon! Bruce & Sandy Soli
Thank you all very much for your informative answers. We will be planning a return trip to the Tahoe area shortly to do some more X country skiing.

We will be in contact shortly

thank you
Good morning Donesa,

Thank you for contacting me through Trulia.

Taxes on a home in the approximate price range of $600,000 would be approximately $5300 per year.
In our County, our taxes do not change upon transfer of ownership. The taxes will be increased only 3% per year. County takes care of the roads to remove snow. The owners are responsible to have snow removal for the property. That can run anywhere from approximately $500 a month to maybe $650 month depending upon how big of driveway you have.

Included in your property taxes, $775 goes towards keeping up the six amenities. They consist of two Sandy beaches, two 18 hole golf courses, down hill ski area and a 11 court tennis complex.

If there is any additional information you would like, please contact me.

Also, if you like me to set you up to receive new listings and price changes as they come on the market, please send me your criteria and price range and I set you up.

I forward to hearing from you.

Alvin Steinberg

Coldwell Banker Select

1–800–666–4718
Donesa:
This link gives you the property taxes for each property.
Edee
Good Morning Donesa:
Property taxes on homes vary in our area depending on the location, improvements to the property, etc. To give you an idea I have also included a link here to 4 properties currently for sale in Incline Village priced between $600-$650,000 The property taxes range from $4,064 to $5,869 You may find the information on the Washoe County Treasurer web site helpful in explaining how the taxes are calculated. Visit http://www.washoecounty.us/assessor/taxcap.htm
Snow removal cost also vary with different service providers. Generally a seasonal contract can run $800-$1300. Another option is contracting "per push". Instead of paying for an entire season you contract for snow removal service after each snow fall aka "per push". Those rates also vary and may cost in the ranges of $75-$125 per push. If you purchase a condominium or town home, snow removal services are included in your monthly HOA dues.
If there are any other questions you have that I can address, please feel free to contact me any time. I can be reached at EdeeCampbell@gmail.com or call me at 775-232-5262
I look forward to speaking with you and assisting you in becoming my new neighbor here. I have lived in Lake Tahoe since 1982 and love it. I know you will too.