Home Buying in Kiawah Island>Question Details

Tom, Other/Just Looking in

Property owners who live on Kiawah Island

Asked by Tom, Tue Sep 11, 2012

What is the percentage of Kiawah Island owners who actually live there as opposed to rent out their properties?

Answers

3
We are property owners/residents of Kiawah Island and have been for the past 16 years. If you are wondering if it is easy to make friends/relationships on Kiawah..the answer is NO. There are so many options for making friends and whether you live here 12 months out of the year or less than that, you can meet people in so many ways. Golf and Tennis of course, but there are numerous clubs and organizations generated by the POA on Kiawah. You can volunteer in and around the area as well. After 16 years, we have never ever had a problem with this sort of thing. On my street most people are full time owners and if they leave it's few a couple of months during the hot summer.
Hope this answers your concerns if you have any.
There are a good number of owners who live on Kiawah. Many retirees move there for the golf, tennis, and beach. I have never seen stats published on the number of actual homeowners.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
Tom, I don't know the answer, but another and probable scenrio is that they don't live there full time NOR rent it out. Plenty of the Kiawah owners have no interest in having strangers in their home, nor have the need for the rental income.

So, perhaps the question might be actually what percentage of Kiawah Island homes are primary residence homes as opposed to vacation rentals or second homes.

All the best, Dan