Encanto Vill…, Home Owner in Encanto Village Hoa,...

Property is listed as gated community

Asked by Encanto Village, Encanto Village Hoa, Albuquerque, NM Fri Feb 24, 2012

If a community has gates and the automobile gates have controlled access, but the pedestrian gates do not..they are just left unlocked, can the property be presented as being in a gated community? Anyone has access throught the pedestrian gates.

Answers

5
In what way do the bylaws of your home owner's association define the community? Your HOA may have specific wording that specifically define this matter. I would suggest checking the bylaws or contacting someone who sits on the board of the HOA regarding your question.

Leigh-Jo
Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
Web Reference: http://www.Syan.com
Yes. The property can be presented as in a gated community..

However, the unlocked pedestrian gate should be addressed by the HOA overseeing the community. This gate should be locked for limited access to pedestrian's..
The property can still be presented as a gated community--but the unlocked pedestrian gates is a flaw, just as if the main gates didn't work. This needs to be addressed by the HOA. Blythe Camenson, Century 21 CXamco. 450-7448.
Web Reference: http://blythecamenson.com.
Yes it would be a gated community. The HOA would possibly have some guidelines as to the pederstrain gates and how those are to be used and monitored as well.
If there is a gate around a community, I would call it a gated community. That gate definitely is a crime deterrent, however imperfect. You might take it up with the residents and HOA to get locks installed on the ped gates. I do not know of any firm guideline of any time, determining when you can use a descriptor a gated community. In this case, it sounds like a reasonable descriptor to me.