Home Buying in Cape Coral>Question Details

cmn1967, Home Buyer in Cape Coral, FL

Property is "Under Contract" or "Pending" ?

Asked by cmn1967, Cape Coral, FL Sat Apr 20, 2013

Does that mean no one else can place an offer on the property?

Answers

8
Please fee free to call me if you are still looking for something affordable in Cape Coral.
I work with off market properties and typically receive updated lists the last week of the every month.

Adolfo "A.D." Diaz
ISellFlorida@ymail.com
239-872-7936
Pending homes are already under contract but they sometimes do come back on the market - an example of this would be if the buyers loan doesn't go thru. You can always submit a back up offer if you truly love the home but you are usually better off just looking at active listings that you know you can purchase.
Pending means "move on". you don't want to waste your time and energy being a back up offer. (says every buyer I've ever worked with)

Just sayin :)

I suggest using a buyers agent. They are free and he/she will look out for your best interest.

Cody Anderson, MN Licensed Realtor

RE/MAX RESULTS
Metropolitan Home Team
Thanks Danielle, Hopefully everything will work out. If not NC or Tenn maybe my next stop! lol
It doesn't hurt to try a backup offer; worst thing that happens is the first offer closes. Continue to look. I know it's really frustrating right now for a lot of people.
Thanks for the quick responses! I am just kinda stuck right now, with the limited amount of "cheaper" homes available i am not sure what to do anymore. Maybe moving to another state where i would have a better chance of actually being able to buy a house.
Think of the definition of a CONTRACT:
A third party cannot insinuate themselves into the Contract.
You would have to wait for the possibility that their DEAL falls through.
Normally, this would be a remote possibility; everyone wouldn't have gone this far, without a good likelyhood that they would succede. Looking at it another way; everyone has a vested interest in seeing it tgo through.
You could see if the owner is accepting backups and write an offer subject to the first offer performing.