Drk, Home Buyer in Corona, CA

Property Tax in 92880

Asked by Drk, Corona, CA Fri Nov 14, 2008

I am looking to buy a house in the 92880 zip. Can someone tell me what is the property tax rate? Are there any Mello Roos etc?
I already know what the realtor's answer will be "You need a Realtor to assess each house". But come on now, tax rate can't be that different within a single zipcode!!
Answer this question

Answers

3
Call now 951-212-7479’s answer
The base tax rate in Riverside County is 1.05% (it goes a few more decimal positions, but that will be VERY CLOSE).

Any special assesments will be assessed on the specific property you're looking at. Fill in the address at the assessor's website and you'll find the breakdown of taxes and assessments for that house... http://pic.asrclkrec.com/Default.aspx

Cameron Novak
Corona Real Estate Agent
951.212.7479
Hi Drk:

Actually Taxes are not assess by zip code. It isn't that easy. I believe the base tax is 1.035 in the Corona area, but I believe what you want to know is what are the mello roose taxes or the special assessment taxes that are added on to the property and that unfortunately was based on each builder, the project size and the city requirements.

The good news is you have the ability to look up each property just like we as Realtors do. You just need to go to the assessors web site, there is a link on my web site...DianaM.com and then you put in the property address and find out what the base is and what the added property tax is on each property. On many of the county sites there is a question estimate my taxes and you just fill in the questions for that property address and you have your answer.

I hope you find this helpful.

Diana 909-945-5763
Web Reference: http://www.DianaM.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 14, 2008
After checking out this area for over a year now, I've come to realize that Mello Roos or CFD's (that's what they call it in Eastvale) run on average about $2,400 a year in 92880. There were a few low ones ~$1700/yr, and some even go up to $4000/yr depending on where the house is located. But the average from my experience is about $2,400/yr from my experience. So,., multiply that over 25 years.. (30yr CFD bond term - 5 yrs paid, considering the house is 5 years old) , and you're looking at roughly an extra $60,000 you have to pay over the term of your loan.

Hope that answers your question.