Home Buying in Henderson>Question Details

Karlshultz92…, Home Buyer in Delray Beach, FL

Property Tax Exemptions

Asked by Karlshultz92057, Delray Beach, FL Mon Aug 11, 2014

I currently live in Palm Beach County Florida and plan to relocate to southwest Nevada in the next 6 months. I receive an exemption from ad valorem taxes because I am a 100% disabled veteran. Are their similar exemptions in Nevada? If so, is there a waiting period before being allowed to apply?

Answers

2
Excellent question Karl. My guess is that Nevada offers a similar (and maybe even better) tax break. As a disabled Vet myself, I've seen many states jump onboard with that program. Your best bet to find out, however, is not with Realtors, but with the taxing authority in Nevada. You'll find them online no doubt...get their number and give them a shout. Best of luck to you...

Yes, there is a property tax exemption offered to disabled Veterans (60% or more) in the state of Nevada. To determine actual value you will have to contact Clark County Assessor's office.

I specialize in Military retirement and relocation. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Keisha