Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

Lauren, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Progressive neighborhood in Miami?

Asked by Lauren, Brooklyn, NY Mon Dec 31, 2012

Hello. We are a young family who are interested in possibly moving to Miami. We are from New York City and are looking for a neighborhood that is less about fancy cars and shopping malls are more about organic, local food sourcing, yoga, pilates, progressive approaches to education. Any neighborhood suggestions?

Answers

4
MS-I’s answer
I suppose you mean Miami city. Try Upper East Side (in Miami not NYC). It is a small strip starting from BayPoint all the way up to Belle Meade and east of Biscayne Blvd). Given the prices of some houses, people do own fancy cars but very down to earth neighborhood. Schoioling will have to be private (there are some very good private schools nearby). You may see some good deals in short sales at 2000 prices but you will need to educate yourself and not rush.
Lauren, I was wondering if you moved to Miami. I live in Brooklyn too and I was looking for what you describe here. Any luck? I would love to know. Thanks
Lauren
If it is recommended to get prequalified first, unless you would be purchasing cash. Please, let me know, I don't have minimum loan amounts. I am specialized in the financing of low priced properties.
Thank you
The first area that comes to my mind would be Coconut Grove. Every Saturday they have an open market that is organic and non organic produce. The majority of the vendors use local food sourcing. Yoga and pilates abound. There are several studios that provide both services and speciality classes. As for the educational aspect I would look to private schools and choose one that fits your requirements. Another area you might consider is a small neighborhood called High Pines that is a true family neighborhood and there's not many of those left in Miami. It's within walking distance of downtown South Miami and has a great public elementary school offering several different programs. One being a magnet language program offering Spanish, French and German. You are within walking distance to Whole Foods and two great yoga studios. There is also the Bar Method that might interest you. Give me a call and we can talk further about your needs Libby Lorenzo RE/MAX 305-665-7719 or 305-799-6877.