Question Details

Cervantes782, Home Buyer in Hammond, IN

Professional realtors

Asked by Cervantes782, Hammond, IN Tue Nov 20, 2012

I can't believe I ask questions to realtors and they just answer"I dnt know" my questions are: is there any home with all my wish list? How much less should I make an offer on the house I like? Etc they just answer I dnt know! What an idiots I'm the one who is looking for my house everywhere because I dnt see professionalism on realtors

Answers

7
I don't know, but perhaps calling people "idiots"...or allowing that negative attitude to come across just might make someone not care about giving you an answer.

If, however, the level of professionalism you have seen thus far isn't up to your standards...then..interview a few more agents before deciding with whom you want to work.

How has your selection process worked?
Do you just randomly call agents whose listings you find on the internet, or have you done any due dilligence in regard to finding an agent - perhps someone who is referred to you ?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 21, 2012
I didn't mean to offend anybody but for the answers I see there are different realtors with different standards I just got approved by Bank of America to get my home but I guess I won't ask silly questions I just dnt know is my first time buying a home I thought the realtors would know what I dnt but every one just seem offended here sorry I'm a first home buyer but I'm frustrated now
Real estate professionals are each and everyone small business owners. We are responsible for every aspect of our business. We pay ALL the bills. absorb all the loses and share in the prosperity. As such, we know when to cut the line and when to keep fishing. This choice is dictated by the behavior of the consumer....PERIOD!

Micheal shed some critical light on your situation. There is NOTHING serious regarding your question. It is very much like asking "What's the meaning of life?" This is a big bright flashing sign that says, "Time hole ahead!"

You clearly have not gathered sufficient information to realize a home purchase is an exercise in compromise. You are NOT going to get EVERYTHING for which you wish! Until you realize this, agents who line up to invest their time in you will end up with little time for those buyer who have done their homework. In the end you will realize the home you buy has everything you got. Your final acceptance list determined what you got was sufficient. What you wished for was just that..wishes.

As the other commentors have noted, there are many indicators you are out of touch with the current real estate reality. Now, the agent who may choose to work with you needs to assess, ":Are you teachable."

The person who already believes they know everything IS NOT TEACHABLE.

Now, are you really ready to buy a home?
Present your needs in a precise, reasonable and organized fashion along with your qualifications, and let's see whether wishes and dreams can become a reality.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, Fl
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Giving up is not the answer.....there are many kind, knowledgable, and wonderful real estate professionals out there. Unfortunately, it would appear that you have had some bad experiences. This happens in every walk of dealing with people: doctors, lawyers, educators, etc can at times represent thenselves in an unfavorable light.

If you are serious about your home search, it's up to you what your next move will be......but it will be important to put what has happened behind you and focus on successfully finding your perfect home. Either with or without the support of RE professionals!

Best wishes,

I don't know why you are having such problems.
Sorry to hear you have not had a positive experience with the Realtor(s) you hired. As with any other profession, there are good Realtors and not-so-good Realtors. Therefore, the onus lies with you to interview and select a Realtor that meets your standards. One of the best ways to find a good Realtor is by word of mouth and/or positive client testimonials.

Best of luck!

Chad Gray PA, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
754-300-6040

100% of clients rated our service as "EXCELLENT"!
http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/what-clients-are-saying/

.
Ask serious questions and get serious answers. Ask silly questions like "is there a home with everything on my wish list and I want to offer less than the asking price" and you'll get silly responses. In today's market environment, if you ask "how much above the list price should go to get some of the items on my wish list", then you'll get some real answers.

Realtors are by definition professionals, just like lawyers or doctors. But the designation by itself doesn't connote anything about professionalism. You just have to assess each Realtor on his or her merits.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com