MS, Home Buyer in 33712

Pre-approval and purchase a short, foreclosure or REO

Asked by MS, 33712 Sun Jun 7, 2009

I am 1st home buyer looking to purchase a home. I have read many issues purchasing distress but I can handle this for finding that right deal.
I need to get pre approve. I have banking relations with bank of america. I would think some of the houses I will be looking at are own owned by bofa\country wide.

Would it be quicker, 90 days or less, as oppose to more than 90 days or more, to get a short or foreclosure done, if I also use bofa to get pre approval and/or loan?

I read somewhere that tax credit could be going 15k. Anyone heard this or is it just a rumor. If this is true, I hope I am grandfather into credit if I buy this year and credit changes for 2010.

Answers

5
NA’s answer
Hello MS.

As you know by now the 1st time home buyer tax credit has been extended. So if you have not found that perfect home yet, you are in a great place to be looking.

Please be aware that there are plenty of new homes available that will offer you a great savings and value for your money. If short sale and foreclosure are your interest, there are plenty to choose from.

If you have not established yourself with a Realtor to help you with your purchase, you should do so right away. I would be happy to assist you as your area of interest in one of my specialties. Contact me and we can begin to search for something you desire.

Please update the board if you have gone through with a purchase and loan using BOA as we are hearing many stories of delay and it would be nice to have some honest market feedback.

Michelle Niemczyk, Realtor
I will have to agree with Ashlie on this one. Approved short sales is the way to go. You will have alot less stress going this way. You also want to check with a local broker and compare rates with Bank of America. Many honest brokers can offer lower rates compared to some of the big banks with large overhead.
Web Reference: http://www.flbestrate.com
I am a REO, Foreclosure & Short Sale Specialist who get results. I am also a formenr Vice President for Citi Bank and a Home Retention Consultant for one of the largest Loan Servicing company in the Nation. If youare ready to purchase this property at 929 Windton Oak Drive, Ruskin, then, just send me an email to Malviaproperties@aol.com. I will be more than happy to assist you.

Malvia Earle, Realtor
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Licensed Mortgage Broker
ePro Internet Professional
REO & Home Retention Consultant
Notary Public
Web Reference: http://www.AViLamRealty.com
Hi MS,
The TampaBay area offers a great selection of short sale and foreclosure properties, PLUS the added incentive of low interest rates and first-time homebuyer credit makes this an EXCELLENT time for you to buy a home! Working in the Ruskin, Riverview, Apollo Beach, Brandon, and surrounding Tampa areas, I am assisting clients with incredible deals every day. A great website linked to the MLS (multiple listing service) and updated EVERY 15 MINUTES to start your search, is: http://www.TampaHomeSearch4u.com where you can select your criteria. My team has been successfully negotiating short sales for three years now and we help our clients navigate the process as quickly and stressfree as possible.
Lynn Seevers, Realtor, GRI, TRC
Keller Williams Realty-The REAL Team
Hi MS,

Most bank owned homes can have the typical 30-45 days escrow. However, short sales can take anywhere from 60days-to 6 months depending on the short sale property. Each case is different based on how many loans (liens they have on the property), what mortgages they have, what the property is listed for vs. the actual home value in the area. Just because you get a pre-approval from BofA on short sales does not speed up the process at all. My advise is to go after Bank owned homes, or Approved short sale homes since the lenders have already approved and have agreed to accpet the price it is listed. I hope this helps.

Regarding the tax credit, please check out my website on my blog. It will give you answers to your questions.

Ashlie DuCros

Ashlie Ducros
Web Reference: http://www.AshlieDuCros.com