senrangupta, Home Buyer in West Lafayette, IN

Post doctoral fellow on OPT looking for home loan

Asked by senrangupta, West Lafayette, IN Fri Jun 14, 2013

I am a post doc research fellow at Purdue university and I am currently on OPT (F-1 student visa). My wife will be joining Purdue as a post doc on a J1 visa in the first week of July. Both me and my wife have been living in the US for the past 11 years and have excellent credit history. Need to get a home loan to buy a house. We are willing to put 20% down. Our job is subject to renewal every at Purdue and extension isn't a problem but a formality. Anyone who knows agents/bank who has worked on similar cases and successful in securing a loan ? I have found a house that will cost me about 150K. Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated. T

Answers

1
Hey there! I would be happy to help you out .. did you get a pre-approval before you chose your home? It is important that the final steps are done via professionals. Have you done inspections/appraisals, etc. ?

I can be reached at:

Michelle Means
Go Realty
919-801-5966