Home Buying in Connecticut>Question Details

Family Of 5, Home Buyer in Connecticut

Possible job op at Yale. Family of 5...need great schools and great family experience....moving from Austin, TX.

Asked by Family Of 5, Connecticut Thu May 31, 2012

Answers

3
Hi Family of 5,
The best web site to search for homes is through a free service offered by the MLS; it's called Listingbook. This site is the most up-to-date on the status of listings and you can view almost everything that real estate agents see on the MLS.

Here is the link to Listingbook:

http://www.listingbook.com/home/for-buyers

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Greetings,

I can help you identify the best schools in New Haven or surrounding communities

Since 1996 I have consistently represented Buyers or Sellers of Real Property in the New Haven. I have successfully managed and/or marketed purchase and /or sales transactions in the following areas of specialty. Single Family, Multi Family, Investment, Land with As Builts, Market Analysis with Broker Price Opinions (98% List to Sell Ratio) Bank Owned Property Asset Manager, Short Sale Expediter

As a Full time REALTOR®, I provide people Licensed Buyer Agent Representation, enhanced by my previous experience, the Coldwell Banker organization, and my unwavering commitment to you. I work full-time to assure your success in the local real estate market.

As your Licensed Buyer Agent I will:
a) Represent your best interests at all times.
b) Keep your financial and negotiating positions confidential.
c) Help you buy the best home at the best comparable price. Your offer to purchase will be supported by my essential market value analysis.
d) Help you negotiate the home inspection and required notifications.
e) Update you on all NEW MLS properties available, regardless of seller.
f) Arrange all showings so you don't have to deal with other agents.
g) Help you complete Sales Agreements and associated documents to manage your transaction seamlessly. The terms we propose will be unique to your situation and will support your best interests.

Copyright 2012 by David Carr. All Rights reserved

You should understand the different roles real estate agents play, and whom they represent. Connecticut enacted Buyer Agency law in 1997 to support and educate purchasers of real property. This law change attracted me to the profession. There is no cost to you for me to be your Buyer Agent as my fee is paid by the seller.

I expect that you are not working with any other buyer agents at the same time, and that you acknowledge our agreement to work together. You will be pre-approved for a mortgage to fully understand the options available to you. Pre-approval is free, and easy to for a qualified person to complete. Call Bill Considine at my office, 203-239-2553 extension 104 if you want an approval over the phone.

For more information about me, and what I can offer you, log into my personal website, http://www.ahomeforme.com or http://www.david-carr.net, or call me at my office, 203-654-2905. I look forward to helping you achieve your dream of home ownership or investment.

David Carr, REALTOR® since 1996
The Foundation of Your Success in Real Estate
Hello Family of 5,
I suggest that you contact a few real estate agents in the New Haven area to familiarize yourself with the various neighborhoods and discover what they have to offer. Select the agent who you believe is the most knowledgeable on the market and who you feel comfortable with.

Usually, there is no cost to the buyer to work with a buyer's agent as the seller in most instances pays the commission fee. Perhaps, there are a few registered agents here on the Trulia site that you could search for on the "find a Pro" tab.

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Hi Laura,
Thank you for your response. I am trying to do research from Austin first and am unsure of where to start. I am pretty sure that I do not want to live in New Haven but am pretty open. I don't know of any agents. I think I need more information first so that I can narrow our search before we fly to CT again for a weekend to look at home. Any websites that you recommend outside of realtor.com?
Thank you!
Flag Thu May 31, 2012