Home Buying in Wesley Chapel>Question Details

Carmella, Other/Just Looking in Coconut Creek, FL

PoMy son is looking at a house in "Bridgewater" (Wesley Chapel) built by US Homes and was told that

Asked by Carmella, Coconut Creek, FL Sun Aug 16, 2009

overall the community does not have a good rep for quality of construction...can anyone tell me if this is true?

Answers

2
Diana Marshall’s answer
This is the first I have heard about quality of construction in Wesley Chapel's Bridgewater. The community was hit hard by the housing melt down as it was a new subdivision and had many, many investor owners who could not flip their properties. I remember driving down streets and seeing real estate sign after sign. The result was foreclosures and tenant occupied properties.

This is what makes it, in my opinion, a golden opportunity for investment. It is a really beautiful community close to three good schools on Wells Road and around the corner from a community park. Barring other unforseen circumstances (nobody has a crystal ball) housing and the economy should recover. Home prices and this neighborhood are likely to stabilize as well but it may take some time.

I believe the community builder was US Home/Lennar.
Quility of construction is dictated by the contractor and sub-contractors that worked on each individual home. If your son is interested in a particular home then he should employ a qualified home inspectors to go through the property with a fine tooth comb. The inspector can report on the condition of the home and quality and if any significant repairs are needed. I hesitate tto say hat any community should be painted with a broad brush. The factors that you son should consider are location, price and the value of the idividual home. Lou