Home Buying in Woodside>Question Details

Anna, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Please, tell me if 280000 is a good price for 2 bedroom condo in Woodside. New constraction building. Really small - 621 sqft. No elevator, no basemen

Asked by Anna, Brooklyn, NY Sat Oct 13, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3001742191-4135-67th-St-2C-Qu…

Answers

7
Jose Deleon’s answer
HI ANNA,

THE PRICE MIGHT BE OK. BUT I SINCERELY THINK THAT YOU CAN DO A LOT BETTER THAN THAT. YOU MAY TRY REGO PARK, OR EVEN IN JACKON HEIGHTS. THE CLOSER THE CONDO OR CO-OP TO THE TRAIN STATION THE HIGHER THE PRICE. CONSIDER IF YOU REALLY NEED THE TRAIN. IF YOU DO NOT LOOK A LITTLE FURTHER DOWN THE AVENUES AND YOU MAY FIND A BIGGER PLACE. THIS IS THE RIGHT TIME TO BUY ESPECIALLY GOING INTO THE WINTER WHEN THE NUMBER OF BUYERS SLOWS DOWN AND THE SELLERS BECOME DEPRESSED.
LOOK FOR A CONDO WITH LANDROMAT SERVICE, IF POSSIBLE WITH A GYM. IF YOU ARE OLDER GET THE CONDO IN THE LOWER FLOORS IF YOU ARE YOUNGER MAYBE THE HIGHER FLOOR IS MOST APPEALING DUE TO A BETTER VIEW FROM THE WINDOW. BUT MOST IMPORTANT READ THE BYLAWS OF THE CONDOMINIUM BEFORE SIGNING ANY BINDING DOCUMENTS! BEST OF LOCK. BERNARDODL@AOL.COM
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 15, 2012
Hi Anna,

This condo located close to the #7 Train and it Tax Abated for 15 yrs.
Although it is only 620 sqf it is within the Price Range for the area it is located.
(You can always negotiate the price down with the help of a Real Estate agent that exclusevely representing you).

There are many other important factors aside the price that need to be looked in when buying a condominium.

It would be my pleasure to assist you with the process, feel free to contact me -

Yael Shanee
Exit Kingdom Realty -
917-705-3717
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Thank you, may be you could tell me what would be wiser investment: very small 2 bedroom new construction building in Woodside or very large one bedroom in the old building in Sunnyside?
Flag Sat Oct 13, 2012
You need to hire a local agent who specialize in Woodside. Usually thats the price for the area in general as per the MLS listings. You can do some research in Zillow or Trulia and look for sold price details.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 25, 2013
No. The sq. ft is way too small for two bedrooms. I would look at it to make it a reasonable size 1 bedroom. Sounds like they converted a dining area and said this is now a bedroom. Ridiculous in my humble opinion.
Your agent can better advise, consider a consultation...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Hi Anna,

I believe this would be a good price, sight unseen!

If this one doesn't work out for you, I have a 750 sf, 2 BR condo listing in Flushing that comes with 2 private parking spots included, asking $320k.

Let me know if you have further questions.
John Brady
718-687-2591
Exit Realty Team
What you should do is get a buyer's agent. A buyer's agent should be paid by the seller but will be working for you and will provide you with exactly that kind of advice, and more.
Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES, GREEN, BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
#1 Listing & Selling Brokerage in NY
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803