Mr. Blue, Home Buyer in Laguna Beach, CA

Please provide your opinions on the quality of the beach at Cameo Shores in Corona Del Mar - are there a lot

Asked by Mr. Blue, Laguna Beach, CA Wed Jul 15, 2009

of rocks making the beach a poor choice for families with kids?

Answers

2
Yes, the private access beach for both Cameo Shores and Shorecliff can be quite rocky, but it provides a great opportunity for children to explore virtually untouched tidepools. I've taken my son there many, many times and nothing compares to the dinner plate sized starfish and anemones and all the other ocean critters you can discover. Depending on the tides, there is plenty of sand to build castles and play.

Since access is fairly limited, it is also a nice quiet beach even during high tourist season. More often than not, we are the only ones there. Perfect for getting some sun with a good book. Many of the families in the neighborhood get together once a week during summer to picnic. I've even seen several birthday parties down there as well.

If I was looking for a beach where I could grab my board and hit the waves out the front door, then no, it's probably not a good choice for you.

Should you love amazing ocean views, the sound of waves crashing, incredible sunsets, larger homes and larger lots than other areas of CdM, then welcome home... You will also have many wonderful neighbors, easy access to either the Village or shopping up at Crystal Cove, a straight shot up Newport Coast to the 73 and when the kiddos are school aged, Habor View Elementary is #1 with API's of 950. (Ask me any questions about the school as my son attended Harbor View K-6.)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 18, 2011
Hello Mr. Blue. Cameo Shores is not the greatest of beaches but go just a bit further south to Crystal Cove State Beach. It is beautiful and has a wide sandy beach which is great for kids. You can walk up and down the beach for a couple of hours. Keep walking further south and you get to the Crystal Cove Historic District with renovated beach cottages available for holiday rentals and also the great Beachcomber Restaurant directly on the sand. It is also possible to ride bikes from Cameo Shores along the bike / walking path south to the beach parking areas. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Andrew Karigan
Prudential California Realty - Newport Beach / Laguna Beach
• Chairman's Circle Platinum Award Winner -- Ranked in the TOP 1 % of Sales Professionals in the Prudential Real Estate network worldwide and TOP 25 Producers in Orange County -- Ranked Number One Agent -- Newport Beach & Corona del Mar offices
• California DRE License number: 01427661
• Certified Relocation Specialist
• University of California - Berkeley Alumni
• Thunderbird - American Graduate School of International Management Alumni (MBA)
Mobile: 949-929-6922
Email: andrew.karigan@cox.net
Website: http://www.AndrewKarigan.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 15, 2009