Sheree, Renter in Gardnerville, NV

Please help me with home purchase information! Thank you

Asked by Sheree, Gardnerville, NV Tue Mar 26, 2013

Hello, I live in Seattle, WA and I am relocating to Nevada (due to my children being there). I would prefer to be in Gardnerville/Minden :)

1) I filed BK (chap 7) almost two years ago, but have since then established GOOD credit.
2) I will not have a job when I get into town (as of right now)
3) I plan on moving by the end of Summer
4) More than likely, I will be working for a temp agency until I find a permanent job (temp to hire)
5) I do have 2K to put down
6) My credit score is probably an average of 620-640

Can someone please help me in finding the right solution to purchasing a home?

Answers

5
Sheree’s answer
Thank you all very much! I would prefer to stick to a local mortgage lender as I am anti big-banks (I'm a little bias as I work for a credit union) :) I will continue to work on my credit in the meantime. Although I have another question, if I find a job before I move and it is in the same field, would I still need to be working for that institution for a year?
I don't think so ... it could depend on the program you fit into. Being anti big banks is OK ... so am I usually ... they may provide your best option depending on the investors they are using. Jake at Wells just closed one for me that no one else could. Greater Nevada Credit Union is one of m top picks!
Flag Fri Mar 29, 2013
Sheree,

I agree with the others, your best advice is to talk now with a good lender so that you can make some preparations for the next few months. It will be important for you to get good advice.

There are several factors that will affect what you can do, your employment, what you can qualify for financially and the loan program you can qualify for ... different loan programs have different requirements for length of time after an bankruptcy. I'll include a list of several loan professionals that you can contact and they will be happy to walk you through the process.

If you'd like, you are welcome to use the MLS search feature of our website at http://www.carsonvalleyland.com. Just click the tab on the left that says "All Northern Nevada" or "Listings by Email"

Here are the lenders ...

Jake Fair
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
Office: (775) 883-3905
jacob.c.fair@wellsfargo.com

Kim Marcarelli
Sierra Pacific Mortgage
Office: (775)-586-1500
Cell (7750-901-0702
kim.marcarelli@spm1.com

Mary Lynn Atkins
Greater Nevada Mortgage Services
Office: (775)-888-6999
Matkins@gnms.com

Bob Hardash
High Sierra Mortgage
Office: (775)-790-2540
Cell: (775)-783-8088
bobhardloans@netzero.com

Please consider us a resource for all your questions and concerns.

Lisa Wetzel
RE/MAX Realty Affiiates
775-781-5472

Carsonvalleyland@hotmail.com
Hi Sheree,
Generally speaking I believe you will need to be employed full time for several months to qualify for a loan once you establish yourself in Nevada.
Currently there are several loan programs for borrowers with a limited down payment, which is great for individuals like yourself!
All of your questions need to be addressed by a loan officer. The loan officer can give you an outline of what you need to do between now and when you are ready to purchase so that you will be fully prepared.
I will be happy to provide you with the names and contact information of a couple of reputable loan officers here in our area if you would like.
Please see my contact information below. I look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Dee Dee Moreau
McCall Realty
775-450-3071
deedeemoreau@gmail.com
Hi Sheree, Give me a call as I have solutions..Best regards, Megan Gebhardt Realty Executives Nevada's Choice Carson Valley
Call me, I have solutions...775 790-4251. Best, Megan Gebhardt Realty Executives Nevada's Choice Carson Valley.