Jenniferlb44…, Home Buyer in La Grange, IL

Please help are we under contract or not?

Asked by Jenniferlb4488, La Grange, IL Wed Jul 24, 2013

Ok. We signed an Addendum a few days ago and didnt hear anything. I emailed our realtor office to ask if the Addendum was the contract. She said no its not the contract it's additional info they needed for the contract and she still has a calls in to get the full contract. I called the listing agent office and they said the property is under contract already. So are they talking about us or someone that already signed a full contract? Our realtor said not to worry that we are under contract on the MLS and they are just waiting for the paperwork to come through the system. I don't know.

Answers

5
FYI the listing agent didn't know it was me who was I asking! I just pretended to be someone who saw the listing online.
Jennifer -

Apparently you don't trust you agent..? This is not a good practice this early in the game. If there are any certainties..you need to make a move. Calling a listing agent will throw up red flags and can hurt you in the long run. Good thought...if you and your agent aren't on the same sheet of music, its time for plan B.

PH
You have been asking the same question 5 times already. No you are not under contract.
Web Reference: http://buyinchicagoland.com
Jennifer-

Do you not trust your agent? Why would you bypass your agent and call the listing agent?

If you don't trust your agent why are you working with them. I would suggest you get out of the way and let your agent do their work. If I were a listing agent and a prospective buyer was calling me instead of their agent that would give me a red flag and it might hurt you, the buyer.

Express your concerns to your agent if you need extra hand holding clearly express that to your agent and then trust what they tell you. If you feel you are not getting your needs met talk to the Broker.

In this marker, especially if there are multiple offers, it will take time to get things done and finalized.

Hopefully this helps.
If it's you under contract then the listing agent jumped the gun and marked it under contract before getting all the signatures. Does that ever happen? Yes. Without seeing the paperwork and knowing more no one here can definitively say you are or aren't, but my guess is you are close. They really just need the bank to deliver the documents to prove it. I would relax a little.